Phone Battery Explosion Kills Weldor in Gansu – Keralanext.com
A worker using electric welding equipment in Gansu Province died recently due to a mobile phone battery explosion, a local newspaper reported Tuesday. The deceased, Xiao Jinpeng, was a 22-year old welding technician at the Yingpan iron smelting plant in Shuangcheng town, in Gansu Province ‘s county of Jinta , according to a report in the Lanzhou Morning Post .
At midday on June 19, an unusually warm day, Xiao’s mobile phone exploded in his chest pocket while he was welding. He was immediately rushed to hospital, but died later despite all rescue efforts. [Full Text]