Suspected Terrorist Attack Kills Two in China’s Xinjiang Province

There’s reportedly been another attack on police in Xinjiang, those details remain sketchy. From the Telegraph:

The fourth attack in less than two months came in a village in Jiashi County, where reports said “fierce gunfire” had been exchanged. However, details of the attack remain unclear, and no Chinese state media has reported it.

An official at the Public Security Bureau said eight Uighurs, local ethnic Muslims, were involved and that one man had been captured.

However, he said early reports of the conflict had been “exaggerated” and that a press conference would be held in the coming days to clarify the situation.

Read also a report from The Guardian.

August 28, 2008 11:29 AM
Posted By:
Categories: Politics, Society