Ma Zhaoxu (马朝旭): “There are no Dissidents in China”
“There are no dissidents in China.”
That’s a direct quote from China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman.
According to him, they simply don’t exist.
Here is the full text of Kristie’s post.
And the following translation is from Siweiluozi Blog:
In response, the well-known artist and prolific blogger Ai Weiwei posted this deconstruction of the “multi-layered” meaning of Ma’s statement, the core of which I translate below:
1. Dissidents are criminals.
2. Only criminals have dissident ideas.
3. The distinction between criminals and non-criminals is whether they have dissident views.
4. If you think China has dissidents, you’re a criminal.
5. The reason China has no dissidents is because they have already become criminals.
6. Does anyone have a dissenting view about what I’ve said?