Sensitive Words: Xi Cannot-Comment and More
As of April 5, the following search terms are blocked on Weibo (not including the “search for user” function):
- Xi Cannot-Comment [Xí Jìnpíng 习禁评] (a new online nickname for Xi Jinping)
- Political and Legislative Affairs Committee + training [Zhèngfǎwěi + péixùn 政法委+培训]
- local Party committee [dìfang dǎngwěi 地方党委] (From March 26 to 31, 462 local secretaries gathered for the first national Political and Legislative Affairs Committee Secretaries Training Program, on which Zhou Yongkang spoke and stressed Party’s leadership. His speech has then been interpreted in different ways and referred to the recent political rumors in China. )
- “HU Embroidered-Set” [HU Jǐntào HU锦套] (A popular nickname of Hu Jintao used by Chinese netizens to avoid censorship.)
- “democratic freedom” [mínzhǔ zìyóu 民主自由]
Note: All Chinese-language words are tested using simplified characters. The same terms in traditional characters occasionally return different results. Read the original post on CDT Chinese here.
CDT Chinese runs a project that crowd-sources filtered keywords on Sina Weibo search. CDT independently tests the keywords before posting them, but some searches later become accessible again. We welcome readers to contribute to this project so that we can include the most up-to-date information.