August 18, 2014 12:40 PM
July 15, 2014 9:31 AM
Distinguished Professor of History and Chinese Studies at the University of California, San Diego Paul G. Pickowicz draws on decades of research ...
With China increasingly resistant to foreign pressure on human rights and the system of rights diplomacy that emerged post-Tiananmen “effectively ...
July 28, 2014 9:37 PM
In The New Emperors: Power and the Princelings in China, the University of Sydney’s Kerry Brown offers insight into the lives and thinking ...
June 30, 2014 6:14 PM
- Tiananmen 25: Background Reading
- Ambition and Amnesia in the New China
- Fiction as Detective Work: Interview with Yiyun Li
- CDT eBook: Crazy Crab’s Chinese Dream in Cartoons...
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Leta Hong Fincher
- CDT Bookshelf: “A Wen Yiduo Poem Is Like a Jewel”...
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Tom Carter
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Bookmaker Colette Fu
- Daughter of Lucian Pye on the China of Her Mind
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Karla Simon
- Five Pounds of Facts on Chinese History
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Sam Crane
- What Might Have Been: “Fortress Besieged”...
- How Resource Scarcity Constrains China
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Rachel Stern
- Party Time: Quoting and Misquoting Rowan Callick
- Of Literature and Laureates, Translations and Trends...
- Michael Meyer: See You Again, Old Beijing