June 30, 2014 6:14 PM
July 15, 2014 9:31 AM
In The New Emperors: Power and the Princelings in China, the University of Sydney’s Kerry Brown offers insight into the lives and thinking ...
As we mark the 25th anniversary of the 1989 protest movement in China, and the subsequent military crackdown, CDT editors have put together a list ...
June 2, 2014 2:45 PM
A number of new books look at the social and economic transformation of China in recent decades and how it has impacted individual lives. Leta Hong ...
May 27, 2014 1:25 PM
- Fiction as Detective Work: Interview with Yiyun Li
- CDT eBook: Crazy Crab’s Chinese Dream in Cartoons...
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Leta Hong Fincher
- CDT Bookshelf: “A Wen Yiduo Poem Is Like a Jewel”...
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Tom Carter
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Bookmaker Colette Fu
- Daughter of Lucian Pye on the China of Her Mind
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Karla Simon
- Five Pounds of Facts on Chinese History
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Sam Crane
- What Might Have Been: “Fortress Besieged”...
- How Resource Scarcity Constrains China
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Rachel Stern
- Party Time: Quoting and Misquoting Rowan Callick
- Of Literature and Laureates, Translations and Trends...
- Michael Meyer: See You Again, Old Beijing
- Han Han: This Generation
- Chan Koonchung on Orwell, Huxley and China