October 20, 2014 11:28 PM
August 26, 2014 3:30 PM
Global Times reports that high-end photography gear has become a sign of officials’ illicit income, in a similar vein to the luxury wristwatches ...
Yesterday at the Beijing Forum on Literature and Art, President Xi Jinping addressed a gathering of artists, writers, and performers, calling ...
October 16, 2014 3:32 PM
For Guernica Magazine, Jason Ng interviews New Yorker correspondent Evan Osnos about the ongoing protest movement in Hong Kong, civil society ...
October 15, 2014 10:17 PM
- Book Ban Reports Spark Indignation, Special Offers
- Leader Taps Into Classics in Seeking to Cement Power...
- In New Novel, Sheng Keyi Tackles Tiananmen
- Chicago to Close Confucius Institute
- Drawing the News: Robot Cat Class Enemy
- Rural Library Chain Closes Under Pressure
- Yong Zhao on Education and Authoritarianism in China...
- China Encourages Petitions by Video Chat
- ‘I Am China’ Asks: How Far Should An Artist Go?...
- China to Limit Foreign TV Shows on Streaming Sites
- Minitrue: Mum on Beijing Indie Film Fest Shut Down
- China Broadens Crackdown on Foreign Missionaries
- Beijing Independent Film Festival Shut Down
- Reading Howl in China
- Paul Pickowicz on a Century of Chinese Film
- Learning to Forget Tibet in China
- Academy for the Elite Stirs a Culture Clash
- Academy Chilled Amid “War of Words” Against West...