July 29, 2014 8:22 PM
2008 Beijing Olympics Ai Weiwei architecture Beijing Beijing airport Beijing architecture Bird's nest building boom buildings CCTV CCTV tower Chengdu cities construction construction project counterfeiting cultural preservation Daniel Libeskind demolition design development eco-city economic development Fujian green building historic preservation history hutongs local government new york city Olympics construction Olympics preparations photos pritzker prize redevelopment Rem Koolhaas Shanghai skyscrapers sustainable development Tiananmen Square traditional culture U.S. China cooperation unesco United States urban development urbanization urban planning vanity projects videos wang shu
At 99% Invisible, Roman Mars, Avery Trufelman and Bianca Bosker look at the phenomenon of “duplitecture”—China’s copycat
As officials are repeatedly exhorted to remember the lessons of the Soviet Union’s collapse, local authorities on the outskirts of Beijing
December 23, 2013 1:41 PM
At Sinosphere, Didi Kirsten Tatlow describes efforts to preserve Beijing’s Ming-dynasty Picking Flowers Temple: Today, underwear hangs
December 11, 2013 6:07 PM
- Cake Millionaire at Home in His Six Castles
- Architect Wants To Turn Tiananmen Square Gree...
- The Rise of Copycat Architecture in China
- Chengdu Opens World’s Largest Building
- Architectural Piracy “Could Be Quite Ex...
- Uncertain Future for Architectural Treasures
- Podcast: 99% Invisible on Kowloon Walled City
- Old Building Restoration Taking a Hold in Chi...
- An Architect’s Vision: Bare Elegance in China
- Iconic CCTV Headquarters Completed
- Foreign Architects Riding China’s Wave
- Netizens React to Pritzker Announcement
- Chinese Architect Wang Shu Wins Pritzker Priz...
- Land Under Shanghai, 50+ Other Cities Sinking
- Razing History
- Developers Demolish Home of Revered Architect...
- Part of Beijing Airport Roof Takes Flight
- Portraits of Government Buildings in China