November 13, 2013 11:49 PM
Beijing Beijing airport Beijing architecture Bird's nest CCTV CCTV tower cities construction cultural preservation design economic development Fujian green building historic preservation history hutongs new york city Olympics construction Olympics preparations photos pritzker prize redevelopment Rem Koolhaas Shanghai skyscrapers sustainable development traditional culture urbanization videos wang shu
AFP’s Tom Hancock explains how a Chongqing bakery tycoon is defying the hordes of architectural uniformity from his own battlements. “When
ABC News reports via Spiegel International that Chinese architect Ma Yansong has “taken the West by storm with his organic, futuristic
August 25, 2013 8:06 PM
Many have mused on the phenomenon of China’s copycat buildings, as well as entire facsimile towns. There are numerous news reports and accounts
July 4, 2013 11:46 AM
- Chengdu Opens World’s Largest Building
- Architectural Piracy “Could Be Quite Ex...
- Uncertain Future for Architectural Treasures
- Podcast: 99% Invisible on Kowloon Walled City
- Old Building Restoration Taking a Hold in Chi...
- An Architect’s Vision: Bare Elegance in China
- Iconic CCTV Headquarters Completed
- Foreign Architects Riding China’s Wave
- Netizens React to Pritzker Announcement
- Chinese Architect Wang Shu Wins Pritzker Priz...
- Land Under Shanghai, 50+ Other Cities Sinking
- Razing History
- Developers Demolish Home of Revered Architect...
- Part of Beijing Airport Roof Takes Flight
- Portraits of Government Buildings in China
- The Pritzker Prize is Headed to China
- Koolhaas, Delirious in Beijing
- Alpine Villagers Bewildered as China Clones T...