July 29, 2014 8:22 PM
2008 Beijing Olympics 2010 World Expo airport building Ai Weiwei Anhui architecture Austria autocracy Beijing Beijing airport Beijing architecture Ben Wood Bird's nest Britain building boom buildings Canada construction project counterfeiting development eco-city economic development energy engineering Europe forced demolitions foreign businesses Fujian gao xingjian global financial crisis green building Guangdong Hakka Hangzhou historical preservation historic preservation historic shanghai history Hong Kong housing hutongs I.M. Pei I. M. Pei infrastructure Inner Mongolia Jacques Herzog Kevin Kennon Architect land grabs land rights liang sicheng
At 99% Invisible, Roman Mars, Avery Trufelman and Bianca Bosker look at the phenomenon of “duplitecture”—China’s copycat
As officials are repeatedly exhorted to remember the lessons of the Soviet Union’s collapse, local authorities on the outskirts of Beijing
December 23, 2013 1:41 PM
At Sinosphere, Didi Kirsten Tatlow describes efforts to preserve Beijing’s Ming-dynasty Picking Flowers Temple: Today, underwear hangs
December 11, 2013 6:07 PM
- Cake Millionaire at Home in His Six Castles
- Architect Wants To Turn Tiananmen Square Gree...
- The Rise of Copycat Architecture in China
- Chengdu Opens World’s Largest Building
- Architectural Piracy “Could Be Quite Ex...
- Uncertain Future for Architectural Treasures
- Podcast: 99% Invisible on Kowloon Walled City
- Old Building Restoration Taking a Hold in Chi...
- An Architect’s Vision: Bare Elegance in China
- Iconic CCTV Headquarters Completed
- Foreign Architects Riding China’s Wave
- Netizens React to Pritzker Announcement
- Chinese Architect Wang Shu Wins Pritzker Priz...
- Land Under Shanghai, 50+ Other Cities Sinking
- Razing History
- Developers Demolish Home of Revered Architect...
- Part of Beijing Airport Roof Takes Flight
- Portraits of Government Buildings in China