July 16, 2013 8:56 PM
AIDS Ang Lee art collectors artists art market censorship contemporary art dashanzi documentaries exporting censorship external propaganda film film censorship film festivals film industry filming foreign culture freedom of expression Liao Yiwu literature Lou Ye movies Oasis rock music SARFT sexuality Tang Wei Tibet videos writers
January 10, 2012 7:46 PM
Beijing’s Li Xianting Film School, which offered training programs for independent film makers, was abruptly closed down by authorities
With Beijing’s National Art Museum of China (Namoc) planning to open a new building in Olympic park displaying its contemporary collection
May 10, 2013 9:03 AM
In the International Herald Tribune, Didi Kirsten Tatlow writes about the delayed opening of a recent movie, The Last Supper, and how government
November 28, 2012 10:01 AM
- Ai Weiwei: ‘China’s Art World Doe...
- Hard-pressed Documentary Makers Keep Rolling
- Pushing China’s Limits on Web, if Not on Pape...
- ‘I’m Not Interested in Them; I Wish They Were...
- Philip Gourevitch: Liao Yiwu Unbound
- Film Festival Pulls Own Plug
- China Bans Time Travel for Television
- Catch as Catch Can: Beating the Man to Shangh...
- Han Han (韩寒): Why China Cannot Be a Cultural ...
- Frank Moorhouse: Soft Power, Hard Labour
- China: Alternative Realities
- China Blocks Bob Dylan Gigs
- Chinese Artist Blasts French College Censorsh...
- Chinese Artist’s Work Removed from Pari...
- China Censors Oscar Nominations
- China and Tibet Skirmish at a Film Festival
- China Jails Tibetan Filmmaker
- China’s Export of Censorship