March 12, 2015 3:50 PM
1989 protests 2008 Sichuan earthquake activists Africa Ai Weiwei art Beijing book reviews censorship Chen Guangcheng coal corruption Cultural Revolution death penalty dissidents economic slowdown education exports financial crisis 2008-2009 forced demolitions foreigners in China freedom of expression Global Times Google Guangzhou history HIV/AIDS Hong Kong Internet culture June 4th lawyers literature manufacturing Mao Zedong migrant workers North Korea photos pollution propaganda religion Shanghai sina weibo soft power Taiwan relations Tiananmen Square transparency United States videos wealth gap Xi Jinping
October 13, 2011 2:07 PM
The Wall Street Journal's Wei Gu describes the art world's current fondness for a rising generation of Chinese artists, as fortunes vary
In a new series of videos, That’s Beijing traces the proposed route of Beijing’s 900 kilometer Seventh Ring Road, encompassing the
November 24, 2014 3:52 PM
Yesterday at the Beijing Forum on Literature and Art, President Xi Jinping addressed a gathering of artists, writers, and performers, calling
October 16, 2014 3:32 PM
- Xu Bing’s Fascination With Text Writ La...
- $8.2 Million Calligraphy Scroll Said to Be Fo...
- Canadian Artist’s Work Vanishes in Beij...
- A Culture of Bidding
- North Korean Propaganda Artists Paint a Rosy ...
- Executed Hawker’s Son Accused of Copying
- Asia: A New Market For The Stamp Savvy
- Auction Houses in China: Christie’s vs. PLA
- Turning Chinese Propaganda Against Itself
- Artist’s Take on Sexual Abuse Turns Ugly
- China’s Forgotten Hindu Temples
- Catching Fish Using Birds: Images of a Dying ...
- Clash of Chinese Art at the Venice Biennale
- A Battle to Become Art Capital of China
- Artist Zhao Zhao: ‘I Try To Resist Bein...
- Chinese Painter Zao Wou-ki Dies at 93
- China’s Resistance Art Beyond Ai Weiwei
- Contemporary Chinese Art: Young and Restless