July 8, 2015 6:35 PM
1989 protests 2008 Sichuan earthquake activists Africa Ai Weiwei art Beijing censorship Chen Guangcheng coal corruption Cultural Revolution death penalty dissidents education exports financial crisis 2008-2009 forced demolitions foreigners in China freedom of expression Global Times Google Great Firewall history HIV/AIDS Hong Kong Internet censorship Internet culture June 4th lawyers manufacturing Mao Zedong migrant workers North Korea photos police violence pollution PRC history propaganda religion Shanghai sina weibo soft power Taiwan relations Tiananmen Square transparency United States videos wealth gap Xi Jinping
October 13, 2011 2:07 PM
At The Mediated Image, Oxford University’s Ros Holmes extensively examines the work of Chinese Internet artist Miao Ying, which touches on
At Fusion, Kashmir Hill records the meeting in Beijing of outspoken Chinese artist Ai Weiwei, filmmaker Laura Poitras, and security technologist
April 27, 2015 5:18 PM
The Wall Street Journal's Wei Gu describes the art world's current fondness for a rising generation of Chinese artists, as fortunes vary
March 12, 2015 3:50 PM
- Journey Along Beijing’s Seventh Ring
- Xi Jinping Calls for Artists to Spread ‘...
- Xu Bing’s Fascination With Text Writ La...
- $8.2 Million Calligraphy Scroll Said to Be Fo...
- Canadian Artist’s Work Vanishes in Beij...
- A Culture of Bidding
- North Korean Propaganda Artists Paint a Rosy ...
- Executed Hawker’s Son Accused of Copying
- Asia: A New Market For The Stamp Savvy
- Auction Houses in China: Christie’s vs. PLA
- Turning Chinese Propaganda Against Itself
- Artist’s Take on Sexual Abuse Turns Ugly
- China’s Forgotten Hindu Temples
- Catching Fish Using Birds: Images of a Dying ...
- Clash of Chinese Art at the Venice Biennale
- A Battle to Become Art Capital of China
- Artist Zhao Zhao: ‘I Try To Resist Bein...
- Chinese Painter Zao Wou-ki Dies at 93