September 26, 2014 10:06 PM
academic freedom Africa Ai Weiwei austerity awards beat black Bei Feng bookshelf Q&A CCP CCP legitimacy censorship chicago China scholars chinese philosophy Chongqing Chow Yun-fat Confucianism Confucius confucius institute Confucius portrait cultural heritage Cultural Revolution Dalai Lama education environment environmental degradation environmental protection Evan Osnos factories Falun Gong film food safety foreign media foreign schools Hanban history Liu Xiaobo movies nationalism Nobel Peace Prize philosophy Shandong soft power Taiwan Tiananmen Square U.S. universities university of chicago women Yu Dan Zhang Ziyi
April 21, 2011 7:42 PM
The University of Chicago in Illinois said in a statement that it had terminated its contract to run a Confucius Institute, a Beijing-affiliated
Caroline Alphonso and Karen Howlett at The Globe and Mail report that the Toronto District School Board’s newly-minted Confucius
June 15, 2014 9:02 PM
Andrea Chen at the South China Morning Post reports on a campaign by 108 professors at the University of Chicago to kick out the university’s
May 15, 2014 8:25 PM
- Confucius Comes Home
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Sam Crane
- Xi Jinping, Confucius and Austerity
- Factory Owners and Confucius on the Environme...
- The Economist in China: Old Hands
- Chinese Academic Puts the Bite on Hong Kong
- China’s Latest Twitter Criminal
- Demise of Confucius Prize?
- China’s Confucian Makeover
- Confucius on Food Scandals & Mozi on For...
- Taiwanese Students Resist Mandatory Confucian...
- Confucius Shows Up on China’s Tiananmen...
- Winner of Beijing’s Peace Award Is Also Absen...
- Photo: Celebrating Confucius’ 2561st bi...
- Confucius on Lottery Tickets Creates Uproar i...
- Han Han: Watching Confucius
- Hung Huang: China’s Soft Power Army
- Video: “Confucius” Trailer