July 16, 2013 8:17 PM
18th party congress advertising airline service Anhui Asia Society banking capitalism Cathay Pacific Airways CCP China commercialism Confucianism conservation conspicuous consumption consumer class consumerism consumers crime democracy design economic development economic growth economic recovery environmental activism EU trade Evan Osnos farmers fashion fashion industry financial crisis 2009 food foreign companies fraud gender imbalance Germany government policy graphic design Great Firewall Guangzhou Hangzhou Hefei high-tech hoaxes italy john snow jokes journalism land reform lifestyle Liu Zhizhi
* During the next 20 years we expect a huge middle class, with enormous spending power, to emerge in China’s cities, following two distinctive waves of growth.
* As incomes increase, the spending
June 8, 2006 11:51 AM
On his personal blog, Jonah Kessel writes about the making of his three-part video project ‘China’s Consuming Billion’, which
Shark fin soup, once considered by Chinese as a symbol of status and wealth and a must-serve at wedding banquets, is now receiving a cold welcome
July 1, 2013 9:06 PM
Despite the recent slowdown of retail sales of luxury items, such as jewelry, Chinese men are driving the rebound in the luxury market. Men now account
January 29, 2013 8:32 AM
- China Braces For End Of World
- Black Friday in Red China
- Escaping the Rat Race: An Emerging Counter-Cu...
- Scenes from China’s Consumerist Revolut...
- What the Chinese Want
- Where China’s New Rich Are Putting Thei...
- How Beijing Plans to Turn the Chinese into Co...
- Putting the Chinese in ‘Made in China’
- In China, Nothing Says ‘Upwardly Mobile...
- Consumerism in China
- China: The Next Superconsumer?
- William A. Callahan: China’s Glee
- Can China Lead a Recovery?
- Henry C K Liu: The Race Toward Barbarism
- Chinese Nationalism and Its Impact on Brands
- Women at Forefront of Consumer Spending in Ch...
- Increased Appetite For Borrowing In China Ôºç...
- In China, There’s Priceless, and for Ev...