February 24, 2014 9:32 AM
1989 protests activists Ai Weiwei art art biennale art censorship art collecting art collectors artists art market arts Beijing book reviews Cai Guo-Qiang contemporary art contemporary artists dashanzi design dissidents documentaries education exhibitions foreigners in China freedom of expression galleries Gao Brothers Guan Yi Guy Ullens Huang Rui Huang Yong Ping Mao Zedong middle class migrant workers museums painting paintings performance art photography photos propaganda propaganda posters Shanghai Song Dong Uli Sigg venice biennale videos wealth gap Yue minjun zhang huan zhang xiaogang
May 3, 2006 10:19 PM
A collection of artist Xu Bing’s work is on display at the Taipei Fine Arts Museum in an exhibit titled “Xu Bing: A Retrospective.”
The Guardian reports on “Beautiful Future,” an exhibition of designs by longtime expats Nick Bonner and Dominic Johnson-Hill
October 18, 2013 11:16 AM
Wired profiles French photographer Eric Leleu and his project Subtitles—an examination, commentary, and parody of the red banners seeking
September 20, 2013 2:00 PM
- Artist’s Take on Sexual Abuse Turns Ugly
- Clash of Chinese Art at the Venice Biennale
- Chinese Painter Zao Wou-ki Dies at 93
- China’s “Great Global Thinkers...
- No Passport, No U.S. Visit For Ai Weiwei
- Ai Weiwei: ‘China’s Art World Doe...
- Ai Wei Wei, The Dangerous
- In China, Art and the Law Collide Again
- Ai Weiwei and Fragments of a Cultural Past
- China’s New Cultural Revolution: A Surge in A...
- Ai Weiwei: Imprisoned but not Silenced
- Ai Weiwei at the Venice Biennale
- Fǎ Kè Yóu, River Crab
- Li Xianting and Zhang Yihe: Ai Weiwei Is a Cr...
- A Message of Tolerance, Unrepressed
- Chinese Performance Artist Silently Protests ...
- For Guy Ullens, the Dream of a Chinese Art Mu...
- Catch as Catch Can: Beating the Man to Shangh...