February 24, 2014 9:32 AM
1989 protests art collectors art imports artistic freedom artists art market art reproductions arts Beijing England exhibitions expatriates Fan Meizhong fashion financial crisis 2008-2009 foreigners in China freedom of expression galleries Gao Brothers Germany Global Times Google graffiti grass-mud horse Guan Yi Guy Ullens Haruki Murakami Hillary Clinton HIV house house arrest Huang Rui Huang Yan Huang Yong Ping innovation Internet culture investment IPE kai-fu lee kenneth lieberthal Lang Lang Li Jin Lintong literature Liu Bolin Li Xianting Li Yuanlong local government Ma Jun Mao Zedong
May 3, 2006 10:19 PM
A collection of artist Xu Bing’s work is on display at the Taipei Fine Arts Museum in an exhibit titled “Xu Bing: A Retrospective.”
The Guardian reports on “Beautiful Future,” an exhibition of designs by longtime expats Nick Bonner and Dominic Johnson-Hill
October 18, 2013 11:16 AM
Wired profiles French photographer Eric Leleu and his project Subtitles—an examination, commentary, and parody of the red banners seeking
September 20, 2013 2:00 PM
- Artist’s Take on Sexual Abuse Turns Ugly
- Clash of Chinese Art at the Venice Biennale
- Chinese Painter Zao Wou-ki Dies at 93
- China’s “Great Global Thinkers...
- No Passport, No U.S. Visit For Ai Weiwei
- Ai Weiwei: ‘China’s Art World Doe...
- Ai Wei Wei, The Dangerous
- In China, Art and the Law Collide Again
- Ai Weiwei and Fragments of a Cultural Past
- China’s New Cultural Revolution: A Surge in A...
- Ai Weiwei: Imprisoned but not Silenced
- Ai Weiwei at the Venice Biennale
- Fǎ Kè Yóu, River Crab
- Li Xianting and Zhang Yihe: Ai Weiwei Is a Cr...
- A Message of Tolerance, Unrepressed
- Chinese Performance Artist Silently Protests ...
- For Guy Ullens, the Dream of a Chinese Art Mu...
- Catch as Catch Can: Beating the Man to Shangh...