February 24, 2014 9:32 AM
1989 protests 2008 Sichuan earthquake activists Ai Weiwei Apple art censorship artists Beijing book reviews Burma Chen Guangcheng coal contemporary art corruption Cultural Revolution dissidents documentaries education financial crisis 2008-2009 foreigners in China freedom of expression Germany Global Times Google Hillary Clinton HIV/AIDS Internet culture investment literature Mao Zedong middle class migrant workers music North Korea photos pollution propaganda reform School Collapse Shanghai Shenzhen slideshow surveillance transparency United Kingdom United States videos wealth gap women women's rights
May 3, 2006 10:19 PM
A collection of artist Xu Bing’s work is on display at the Taipei Fine Arts Museum in an exhibit titled “Xu Bing: A Retrospective.”
The Guardian reports on “Beautiful Future,” an exhibition of designs by longtime expats Nick Bonner and Dominic Johnson-Hill
October 18, 2013 11:16 AM
Wired profiles French photographer Eric Leleu and his project Subtitles—an examination, commentary, and parody of the red banners seeking
September 20, 2013 2:00 PM
- Artist’s Take on Sexual Abuse Turns Ugly
- Clash of Chinese Art at the Venice Biennale
- Chinese Painter Zao Wou-ki Dies at 93
- China’s “Great Global Thinkers...
- No Passport, No U.S. Visit For Ai Weiwei
- Ai Weiwei: ‘China’s Art World Doe...
- Ai Wei Wei, The Dangerous
- In China, Art and the Law Collide Again
- Ai Weiwei and Fragments of a Cultural Past
- China’s New Cultural Revolution: A Surge in A...
- Ai Weiwei: Imprisoned but not Silenced
- Ai Weiwei at the Venice Biennale
- Fǎ Kè Yóu, River Crab
- Li Xianting and Zhang Yihe: Ai Weiwei Is a Cr...
- A Message of Tolerance, Unrepressed
- Chinese Performance Artist Silently Protests ...
- For Guy Ullens, the Dream of a Chinese Art Mu...
- Catch as Catch Can: Beating the Man to Shangh...