February 24, 2014 9:32 AM
Ai Weiwei art art censorship art collecting art collectors artists art market arts Beijing Cai Guo-Qiang contemporary artists dashanzi dissidents education exhibitions foreigners in China galleries Gao Brothers museums paintings performance art photography photos propaganda Shanghai Song Dong Uli Sigg videos Yue minjun zhang xiaogang
A collection of artist Xu Bing’s work is on display at the Taipei Fine Arts Museum in an exhibit titled “Xu Bing: A Retrospective.”
The Guardian reports on “Beautiful Future,” an exhibition of designs by longtime expats Nick Bonner and Dominic Johnson-Hill
October 18, 2013 11:16 AM
Wired profiles French photographer Eric Leleu and his project Subtitles—an examination, commentary, and parody of the red banners seeking
September 20, 2013 2:00 PM
- Artist’s Take on Sexual Abuse Turns Ugly
- Clash of Chinese Art at the Venice Biennale
- Chinese Painter Zao Wou-ki Dies at 93
- China’s “Great Global Thinkers...
- No Passport, No U.S. Visit For Ai Weiwei
- Ai Weiwei: ‘China’s Art World Doe...
- Ai Wei Wei, The Dangerous
- In China, Art and the Law Collide Again
- Ai Weiwei and Fragments of a Cultural Past
- China’s New Cultural Revolution: A Surge in A...
- Ai Weiwei: Imprisoned but not Silenced
- Ai Weiwei at the Venice Biennale
- Fǎ Kè Yóu, River Crab
- Li Xianting and Zhang Yihe: Ai Weiwei Is a Cr...
- A Message of Tolerance, Unrepressed
- Chinese Performance Artist Silently Protests ...
- For Guy Ullens, the Dream of a Chinese Art Mu...
- Catch as Catch Can: Beating the Man to Shangh...