January 8, 2014 1:24 PM
activists Ai Weiwei art artists Beijing books Burma Caochangdi central government Chen Guangcheng contemporary art dissidents education forced demolitions foreigners in China freedom of expression Global Times Google Haruki Murakami Hillary Clinton HIV house arrest illegal detentions investment IPE kai-fu lee kenneth lieberthal land rights photography Wu Yuren
July 8, 2010 12:11 PM
Former Fulbright scholar Colette Fu has been constructing pop-up books for the past decade. She has designed pop-ups for award-winning stop motion
This year at the biannual Italian art festival, the Venice Biennale, the audience will see the clash between two faces of contemporary Chinese
June 21, 2013 11:44 AM
Maura Cunningham reviews Barnaby Martin’s Hanging Man: The Arrest of Ai Wei Wei for the Times Literary Supplement. The book is based on a
June 20, 2013 3:49 PM
- Artist’s Take on Sexual Abuse Turns Ugly
- Chinese Painter Zao Wou-ki Dies at 93
- China’s Resistance Art Beyond Ai Weiwei
- China’s “Great Global Thinkers...
- Li Xianting and Zhang Yihe: Ai Weiwei Is a Cr...
- Ai Weiwei and the Art of Demolition
- Video: Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry
- Firsthand Account of Two Chinese Artists Arre...
- Little Ai
- Unhappy Picture for Beijing’s Art Hotbe...
- Beijing Art Zone Demolitions Continue Apace
- Lunch with the FT: Ai Weiwei
- Moving with the Times
- All Eyes Inward
- Liu Bolin: Urban Camouflage (Photo Series)
- Breaking the Glass Ceiling in Chinese Art
- Video: Sketching a Future
- China’s Growing Art Scene