June 21, 2013 11:44 AM
activists Ai Weiwei Ai Weiwei detention 2011 Apple art artistic freedom artists Beijing books Burma Caochangdi central government contemporary art dissidents education forced demolitions foreigners in China freedom of expression Global Times Google Haruki Murakami Hillary Clinton HIV house arrest illegal detentions investment IPE Kaifu Lee kenneth lieberthal Wu Yuren
July 8, 2010 12:11 PM
This year at the biannual Italian art festival, the Venice Biennale, the audience will see the clash between two faces of contemporary Chinese
Maura Cunningham reviews Barnaby Martin’s Hanging Man: The Arrest of Ai Wei Wei for the Times Literary Supplement. The book is based on a
June 20, 2013 3:49 PM
Zao Wou-ki (Zhao Wuji 赵无极), the Chinese-French abstract painter once lauded as the highest-selling living Chinese artist, died on
April 11, 2013 1:03 PM
- Artist’s Take on Sexual Abuse Turns Ugly
- China’s Resistance Art Beyond Ai Weiwei
- China’s “Great Global Thinkers...
- Li Xianting and Zhang Yihe: Ai Weiwei Is a Cr...
- Ai Weiwei and the Art of Demolition
- Video: Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry
- Firsthand Account of Two Chinese Artists Arre...
- Little Ai
- Unhappy Picture for Beijing’s Art Hotbe...
- Beijing Art Zone Demolitions Continue Apace
- Lunch with the FT: Ai Weiwei
- Moving with the Times
- All Eyes Inward
- Liu Bolin: Urban Camouflage (Photo Series)
- Breaking the Glass Ceiling in Chinese Art
- Video: Sketching a Future
- China’s Growing Art Scene
- In China’s New Revolution, Art Greets C...