September 28, 2013 10:53 AM
architecture banned books Beijing Beijing architecture Beijing Palace Musuem construction cultural censorship cultural heritage cultural identity cultural relics demographics design dunhuang economic development economic growth education ethnic tensions filial piety forbidden city historic preservation history hutongs kashgar Olympics construction redevelopment tourism traditional culture urban planning Uyghurs writers
May 27, 2009 9:41 PM
Licensed to operate in mainland China earlier this year, the auction house Christie’s has found a rather large market for art and luxury
The New York Times profiles the village of Longmen, Zhejiang Province, whose residents are building it up as a tourist attraction for its historical
September 25, 2013 11:49 AM
The American travel writer Michael Meyer recently went on a book tour in China for the Chinese version of his book, “The Last Days of Old Beijing”.
August 11, 2013 9:22 PM
- False Historical Consciousness
- Uncertain Future for Architectural Treasures
- Extinction Threatens 40% of China’s Min...
- Old Building Restoration Taking a Hold in Chi...
- Ancient Morality Text Updated for Young
- Razing History
- A Trip Down Beijing’s Half-fake Memory ...
- Drum Tower Plan Shelved
- Carrying the Spear (and Dagger) for a Fading ...
- Rival Museums Retrace Route of China’s Imperi...
- Historical Beijing Quarter ‘To Be Destr...
- Kashgar’s Old City: Landscape of Loss
- Village Dreamers
- China Razes the Cradle of a Culture
- An Ancient Culture, Bulldozed Away
- Buddha’s Caves
- China’s Legacy: Let a Million Museums Bloom
- Despite Promises, Old Beijing Neighborhoods F...