March 5, 2014 9:42 PM
architecture archives art theft auction banned books Beijing Beijing architecture Beijing Palace Musuem blogging books Buddhism censorship Christie's construction cultural censorship cultural heritage cultural identity cultural preservation cultural relics demographics demolition design digital books dunhuang economic development economic growth education ethnic tensions filial piety forbidden city forced demolitions foreigners in Beijing Fujian Great Wall historical legacy historic preservation history hutongs kashgar literature Olympics construction redevelopment Shaanxi Shanghai Taiwan culture temple tourism traditional culture urban planning Uyghurs
May 27, 2009 9:41 PM
The ancient city of Kashgar, in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, was a key trading point along the Silk Road and a cultural center for Central
At ChinaFile, the author of the upcoming book, Internet Literature in China, Michel Hockx, emphasizes the need for “archiving ‘born-digital’
December 22, 2013 5:27 PM
At Sinosphere, Didi Kirsten Tatlow describes efforts to preserve Beijing’s Ming-dynasty Picking Flowers Temple: Today, underwear hangs
December 11, 2013 6:07 PM
- Auction Houses in China: Christie’s vs. PLA
- Humble Chinese Village Basks in Legacy of Thr...
- Michael Meyer: See You Again, Old Beijing
- False Historical Consciousness
- Uncertain Future for Architectural Treasures
- Extinction Threatens 40% of China’s Min...
- Old Building Restoration Taking a Hold in Chi...
- Ancient Morality Text Updated for Young
- Razing History
- A Trip Down Beijing’s Half-fake Memory ...
- Drum Tower Plan Shelved
- Carrying the Spear (and Dagger) for a Fading ...
- Rival Museums Retrace Route of China’s Imperi...
- Historical Beijing Quarter ‘To Be Destr...
- Kashgar’s Old City: Landscape of Loss
- Village Dreamers
- China Razes the Cradle of a Culture
- An Ancient Culture, Bulldozed Away