December 10, 2013 10:02 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake Beijing blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship China's rise climate change corruption Dalai Lama diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth food safety Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control Japan media censorship migrant workers Ministry of Truth photos press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo Tibet U.S. relations United States Uyghurs wealth gap weibo Xi Jinping Xinjiang
January 3, 2013 1:08 AM
With local government borrowing on the rise, Beijing will soon evaluate its local counterparts based on the amount of debt they incur. From Reuters:
With the Chinese government counting debt balances at the local government level for the first time since 2010, The Wall Street Journal’s
October 21, 2013 9:11 PM
With the news that China’s State Council ordered a national audit of all government debt, The Wall Street Journal’s Richard Silk
August 1, 2013 4:06 AM
- Cabinet Orders Audit of Government Debt
- “China’s Own Subprime Mortgage Cr...
- Shadow Lending Lingers as Threat to Banking S...
- CDT Money: Uncertainty Looms in 2013
- Chinese Debt Issues Lurking in the Shadows
- CDT Money: Game On
- China’s FDI Falls Again
- CDT Money: World Bank Report Outlines Reform ...
- G-20 Sets Yuan Policy Aside
- CDT Money: Property Showdown?
- How to Beat Back the China Bears
- CDT Money: China Cuts Reserve Requirement
- CDT Money: Trade Contraction Fuels Concerns
- State-Owned Power Companies “Venture Ou...
- IMF Cuts China’s 2012 Growth Forecast
- China and Merkel do Diplomatic Euro Debt Danc...
- China: Slowing, But Still Growing
- China's Rise: To Fear Or Not To Fear?