October 8, 2014 4:53 PM
16th Party Congress Falun Gong Fang Binxing Fang Lizhi Fang Ning Feng Xiaogang finance foreign banks foreign culture Foshan France France relations freedom freedom of expression freedom of information Fujian hacking Hainan Han Han hebei He Guoqiang He Weifang Hillary Clinton history Hong Kong Hong Kong activism hong kong basic law Hong Kong culture Hong Kong democracy hong kong economy hong kong elections Hong Kong handover hong kong law Hong Kong media hong kong protests hong kong protests 2014 Hong Kong referendum 2014 Hong Kong relations Howard French hu angang Hu Chunhua Hu Jia Hu Jintao human rights conditions Hu Shuli Hu xijin hu yaobang Ian Buruma identity ideological control
September 21, 2014 7:10 AM
With the 25th anniversary of the 1989 June 4th crackdown still fresh in memory (at least outside mainland China), much coverage of Hong Kong’s
At a speech last Sunday honoring the 65th anniversary of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), Xi Jinping praised
September 24, 2014 4:39 PM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the
September 23, 2014 12:32 PM
- Drawing the News: HK Suffrage, Macau Election
- Minitrue: Beijing’s Decision on Hong Ko...
- Hong Kong’s Rallies and Counter-Rallies
- Macau Democracy Poll Halted as Police Detain ...
- Human Rights and Cross-Strait Relations
- A Million Sign Hong Kong Anti-Occupy Petition...
- CDT Bookshelf: Howard French on China in Afri...
- Voting in China, a Distant Dream
- Macau Activists Plan Referendum on Democracy
- Wukan Youth: Zhang Jianxing
- Minitrue: Delete Article on Foreign Infiltrat...
- Beijing’s Pressure Tactics in Hong Kong
- Chinese Democracy, Western Traps, and the End...
- Embracing Human Rights, Disarming the U.S.
- Tiananmen 25: Remembering June 4th From Hong ...
- 25 Years Ago: Goddess of Democracy Erected
- Tibetans Divided Over Right to Vote in India
- 25 Years Ago: 6,000 Shanghai Students March