April 17, 2014 2:29 PM
airport Ai Weiwei architecture art artists Beijing Beijing architecture bomb bribery Buddhism Changsha Chengdu Christianity construction cultural preservation defending rights demolition development diplomacy Drawing the News forced demolitions foreigners in China Fuzhou government officials Guangdong Hangzhou highway historical preservation historic preservation history Hong Kong housing market hukou Hunan hutongs illegal waste dumping immolation Journey to the West kashgar land grabs land rights petitioners property disputes protests Queen's Pier redevelopment Shanghai social unrest temple weibo
July 24, 2014 3:31 PM
A district Communist Party secretary’s adulatory tribute to a group of demolition workers last December was “propelled to national
At Sinosphere, Didi Kirsten Tatlow describes efforts to preserve Beijing’s Ming-dynasty Picking Flowers Temple: Today, underwear hangs
December 11, 2013 6:07 PM
While China publishes up-to-date statistics on the new construction persistently adding to its urban skylines, official records of the many
November 29, 2013 1:40 PM
- China’s Mountains of Construction Rubble
- Turning Chinese Propaganda Against Itself
- Graffitist Marks Chinese Embassy for Demoliti...
- Uproar Over Xi’an Temple Demolition Ord...
- Developers Demolish Home of Revered Architect...
- Drawing the News
- Hutong Economics: This Old House
- Migrant School Demolished, Parents Furious
- Property Developers Accused of Releasing Scor...
- Demolitions Cause Most Social Unrest
- China Works to Control Coverage of Bombings
- Housing Demolition in 2010: A Report (Part 1)
- Ai Weiwei’s Studio “Harmonised...
- ‘Most Homes’ to be Demolished in ...
- Roger Cohen: A Woman Burns
- Xia Chenghua (夏诚华): The Current State of Main...
- The Long Road To Justice
- The Chengdu Self-Immolation