May 21, 2013 8:14 PM
1989 protests activists Ai Weiwei Ai Weiwei detention 2011 censorship Charter 08 Chen Guangcheng defending rights democracy Fang Lizhi Feng Zhenghu Gao Zhisheng Guo Quan huang qi Hu Jia June 4th lawyers Liu Xiaobo li wangyang Nobel Peace Prize Nobel Prize Olympics human rights political prisoners rule of law torture United States writers yang jianli yu jie Zeng Jinyan
January 22, 2013 1:21 PM
David Sheff speaks with Ai Weiwei in a wide-ranging interview for Playboy Magazine, in which the dissident artist discuss
Fang Lizhi, the prominent astrophysicist who was sheltered by the US embassy and then fled China after the 1989 pro-democ
May 7, 2013 11:07 PM
Monday marked the 45th anniversary of the execution of Lin Zhao, a dissident who wrote criticisms of the government in he
April 29, 2013 9:28 PM
- Lawyer: Liu Xiaobo Reading, “Gaining We...
- Mo Yan Addresses Critics in Nobel Lecture
- Activists, Petitioners Not Invited to Party C...
- The Five Vermin Threatening China
- Toys, Birds Harmonized Amid Beijing Security ...
- Ai Weiwei: “China Must Recognize Itself...
- Ai Weiwei: “They Are Weak”
- No Passport, No U.S. Visit For Ai Weiwei
- Jesus vs. Mao? An Interview With Yuan Zhiming...
- Pussy Riot, Rock and Roll and China
- Ai Wei Wei, The Dangerous
- Tweets From the Plateau
- Police Charge Activist Who Cast Doubt on Suic...
- China Activist Gets Hard Labor Without Trial
- Ai Weiwei: I “Morally” Won
- Second Blind Activist Freed From Chinese Cust...
- Ai Weiwei Tax Evasion Appeal Rejected
- Yu Jie On His New Biography of Liu Xiaobo