October 13, 2013 7:51 PM
aging Alzheimer's disease Baidu Chang Ping children Confucianism demographics depression families family family planning filial piety forced abortions health care history hukou labor shortages lawsuit lawsuits linguistics Liu Xiaobo mental illness migrant workers Nanjing one-child policy pensions population growth public health retirement Zhou Youguang
November 21, 2013 4:40 AM
A 94-year-old woman in Fusheng, China has sued her children for not taking care of her in a society where “for thousands of years, filial piety
Harvard lecturer and Brookings fellow Robert C. Pozen is the author of a recent policy paper analyzing a potential overhaul to China’s pension
August 21, 2013 10:30 AM
In a New York Times op-ed, author Yu Hua complains that by compelling regular contact with parents with China’s recently amended “filial
July 8, 2013 1:58 PM
- Why China Is Ordering Children to Visit Paren...
- China Beefs Up Elderly Rights Law
- Aging Chinese Face a Bleak Picture
- Will China Get Old Before Getting Rich?
- Demography: China’s Achilles Heel
- At 105, Celebrated Chinese Linguist Now A Dis...
- Empty Chairs Symbolise Pain of Rural China
- In China, Don't Dare Help the Elderly
- The East is Greying
- China Begins to Confront Woes of Elderly and ...
- China’s Family Planning Goes Awry
- China’s Elderly Will Overwhelm The Nati...
- China Begins to Address a Coming Wave of Elde...
- China’s Search Engine for the Elderly
- Redefining China’s Family – Washi...
- Photo: An elderly couple on a country road; f...