June 16, 2014 1:38 PM
18th party congress aba county academics air quality amusement parks censorship diplomacy ethnic conflict ethnic minority ethnic tensions explosions Guizhou gun culture Gun laws hexie farm hollywood Hong Kong Hu Jintao human rights activists Hunan hu yaobang Ilham Tohti Internet censorship Internet control Japan earthquake 2011 Jiangxi knife attacks Kunming kunming attack 2014 land grabs leadership transition legal system Li Xiaolin local government media censorship security self-immolations separatism Sichuan terrorism Tibet Tibetans Urumqi Urumqi attack 2014 Uyghurs violence wealth gap Xinjiang Xinjiang protests 2009 Xinjiang violence
May 1, 2014 5:53 PM
The Guardian reports on concerns over the alleged secret trial and sentencing of Uyghur scholar and activist Ilham Tohti. A Bejing-based
Radio Free Asia reports that a Tibetan singer was arrested last weekend after a concert in Aba (Ngaba) Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Sichuan
May 28, 2014 6:47 PM
After the government announced that Xinjiang would be the “main battlefield” in a year-long “ultra-tough, unconventional”
May 28, 2014 5:00 PM
- Tibet Propaganda Boss Vows to ‘Seal and...
- Minitrue: Condemn Violence, Stress Ethnic Coo...
- Netizen Voices: “Why Not Call Them Chinese Te...
- Sensitive Words: Attack in Kunming
- Uyghur Scholar Seized by Police, Says Website
- Inside China’s Troubled Far West
- 9 Killed After Attacking Selibuya Police Stat...
- Rural Desperation Mounts Amid Urbanization
- Uyghurs Face Discrimination and Suspicion
- China’s Last Gunslingers
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): Behind the Wall
- Unrest In Xinjiang Incites Military Crackdown
- Dissent Magazine: China’s 99%
- After Guantanamo, Uyghur Cooks Pizza in Alban...
- ‘Cloud Atlas’ Lands in China, 35 ...
- Tibetan Self-Immolates, Others Arrested
- Mostly Men in Black
- In Xinjiang, Uyghur Identity Under Siege