October 18, 2013 12:12 AM
accountability book reviews censorship China's rise Chinese history Ding Zilin Drawing the News famine food Frank Dikötter Global Times Great Famine great leap forward Henan historical record history Internet censorship Internet regulation Jiang Zemin June 4th lei zhengfu Li Chengpeng Liu Xiaobo Mao Zedong Ministry of Truth Murong Xuecun News Simulcast obesity official corruption perry link photography political cartoons political humor PRC history propaganda posters real name registration River Crabbed Southern People Weekly transparency truth weibo Xinyang Yang Jisheng
April 1, 2013 11:44 AM
Chris Buckley notes efforts, as the 120th anniversary of Mao’s birth approaches, to challenge estimates that tens of millions starved
In this week’s Drawing the News, online cartoonists ring the alarm bell on new Internet regulations, corrupt officials go fishing, and marionettes
January 4, 2013 2:42 PM
The Guardian’s Tania Branigan interviews former Xinhua journalist Yang Jisheng, author of Tombstone: The Great Chinese Famine. The book,
January 3, 2013 6:49 PM
- River Crab Archive: The Death Toll from Mao...
- Li Chengpeng: Speak
- A “Tombstone” for 36 Million
- ‘Tombstone: The Great Chinese Famine...
- Tombstone, the 1959-1961 Famine in China
- A Great Leap Into the Abyss
- The Great Leap From Myth to History
- Documenting China’s Lost History of Fam...
- Perry Link: China: From Famine to Oslo
- Finding the Facts About Mao’s Victims
- James Seymour: Ghost Song
- Frank Dikötter: Mao’s Great Leap to Fam...
- Feast and Famine
- Mao’s Great Famine by Frank Dikötter
- Chinese Author of Book on Famine Braves Risks...