October 18, 2013 12:12 AM
2008 Sichuan earthquake Beijing blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship China's rise corruption Dalai Lama democracy diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth food safety Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control Japan media censorship migrant workers Ministry of Truth photos press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo Tibet U.S. relations United States Uyghurs wealth gap weibo Xi Jinping Xinjiang
April 1, 2013 11:44 AM
Chris Buckley notes efforts, as the 120th anniversary of Mao’s birth approaches, to challenge estimates that tens of millions starved
In this week’s Drawing the News, online cartoonists ring the alarm bell on new Internet regulations, corrupt officials go fishing, and marionettes
January 4, 2013 2:42 PM
The Guardian’s Tania Branigan interviews former Xinhua journalist Yang Jisheng, author of Tombstone: The Great Chinese Famine. The book,
January 3, 2013 6:49 PM
- River Crab Archive: The Death Toll from Mao...
- Li Chengpeng: Speak
- A “Tombstone” for 36 Million
- ‘Tombstone: The Great Chinese Famine...
- Tombstone, the 1959-1961 Famine in China
- A Great Leap Into the Abyss
- The Great Leap From Myth to History
- Documenting China’s Lost History of Fam...
- Perry Link: China: From Famine to Oslo
- Finding the Facts About Mao’s Victims
- James Seymour: Ghost Song
- Frank Dikötter: Mao’s Great Leap to Fam...
- Feast and Famine
- Mao’s Great Famine by Frank Dikötter
- Chinese Author of Book on Famine Braves Risks...