January 4, 2013 2:42 PM
accountability book reviews censorship China's rise Chinese history Ding Zilin Drawing the News food Frank Dikötter Global Times great leap forward Henan historical record history Internet censorship Internet regulation Jiang Zemin lei zhengfu Mao Zedong Murong Xuecun obesity political humor PRC history propaganda posters real name registration Southern People Weekly transparency truth Xinyang Yang Jisheng
April 1, 2013 11:44 AM
In this week’s Drawing the News, online cartoonists ring the alarm bell on new Internet regulations, corrupt officials go
The Guardian’s Tania Branigan interviews former Xinhua journalist Yang Jisheng, author of Tombstone: The Great Chin
January 3, 2013 6:49 PM
Author and blogger Li Chengpeng, who has 6.4 million followers on Sina Weibo, delivered a powerful speech to students at
November 19, 2012 11:17 PM
- A “Tombstone” for 36 Million
- ‘Tombstone: The Great Chinese Famine...
- Tombstone, the 1959-1961 Famine in China
- A Great Leap Into the Abyss
- The Great Leap From Myth to History
- Documenting China’s Lost History of Fam...
- Perry Link: China: From Famine to Oslo
- Finding the Facts About Mao’s Victims
- James Seymour: Ghost Song
- Frank Dikötter: Mao’s Great Leap to Fam...
- Feast and Famine
- Mao’s Great Famine by Frank Dikötter
- Chinese Author of Book on Famine Braves Risks...