June 23, 2014 9:27 PM
agriculture animal protection animal rights Beijing chinese culture chinese food cooking dog meat exotic food expatriates fake goods famine farmers festival five books food food exports food imports food safety food security food supply food waste foreign aid foreign companies foreign correspondents foreigners in China foreign investment Fujian Fuschia Dunlop grain Hunan inflation lifestyle meat obesity organic food photos pollution public health restaurants rice Shanghai shark's fin Sichuan slideshow tradition travel videos wealth gap western food in china
May 25, 2005 4:08 PM
Yulin, a southern city in China, kicked off its annual dog-eating festival over the weekend amid a fierce backlash and protests by animal rights
China Real Time’s Chuin-Wei Yap reports the Chinese agriculture ministry’s rebuttal of a February essay, ‘Can the World
May 21, 2014 6:02 PM
The South Korean government wants China to change its name for kimchi, Victor Mair notes at Slate, because the current translation fails to distinguish
January 10, 2014 6:04 PM
- Xi Jinping: Is He What He Eats?
- Chinese Take-Out Returns to its ‘Spirit...
- Majority of Chinese Oppose American GM Crops
- Beijing Destroys Barbecue Grills to Cut Pollu...
- China’s Vegetarians Outnumber America...
- Food Safety Test Kits to Hit Chinese Market
- Assuring Chinese Finish Their Live Lobster Sa...
- Let Them Eat Pop-Tarts!
- A Great Leap Into the Abyss
- China Bans Shark Fin Soup at State Banquets
- Organic Farming With Chinese Characteristics
- Lone Sharks: Persuading the Chinese to Give u...
- Something's Fishy About Chinese Hairy Cr...
- Five Books: Fuchsia Dunlop on Chinese Food
- Shanghai Schoolchildren Getting “Very F...
- Fuschia Dunlop: Kicking Up a Stink
- Feeding China
- “Live-Boiled Cat”