December 2, 2013 10:25 AM
academic freedom Africans in China artists Australia relations Beijing China's rise Chinese language contemporary art corporate culture corruption crime Cultural Revolution Dashan diplomacy education embezzlement foreign companies foreign correspondents Guangzhou history Mao Zedong petitioners photography propaganda racism Shanghai tourism videos views of China Xinjiang
July 29, 2013 5:49 AM
For Foreign Affairs, the Washington Post’s John Pomfret writes a lengthy review of My First Trip to China: Scholars, Diplomats, and Journalists
The Global Times reports on an exhibition co-sponsored by the State Archives Administration of China entitled “Red Star Over China:
October 25, 2013 3:18 PM
The Guardian reports on “Beautiful Future,” an exhibition of designs by longtime expats Nick Bonner and Dominic Johnson-Hill
October 18, 2013 11:16 AM
- Officials Thwart US Doc’s Bid to Visit ...
- Turning Chinese Propaganda Against Itself
- Foreign Innkeepers in the Chinese Countryside
- On Being Black in China
- American Executive Released from Factory
- American Teacher Held Over Sexual Assault Cla...
- In China, Breathing Becomes a Childhood Risk
- Rock in China: An Insider’s Journey
- The Search for Photos of China’s Past
- Foreigner Stabbed to Death in Beijing
- Foreigners to Face Stricter Regulations
- This American Life: Americans in China
- Foreigners in Guangzhou Protest Death of Expa...
- Sidney Rittenberg: An American in Mao’s...
- Beijing to “Clean Up” Illegal For...
- Flee China, Jailed Ng Tells Wife
- Dashan on Hating Dashan
- China Jails Australian for 13 Years