November 16, 2013 4:04 PM
Apple child labor corporate responsibility defamation Evan Osnos factories factory workers industrial pollution IPad iPhone iPod labor labor conditions labor costs labor disputes labor rights labor unrest Ma Jun manufacturing migrant workers Ministry of Truth pollution riots Shenzhen steve jobs suicide sweatshops wages wintek working conditions
May 19, 2013 10:26 PM
Gwynn Guilford reports in Quartz that while China plans to become “an ‘innovation-oriented nation’ by 2020″ and “a
Chinese environmental activist Ma Jun has accused two electronics manufacturers, including Apple supplier Foxconn, of environmental violations.
August 2, 2013 10:19 PM
A New York Times article and accompanying video look at the lives of Foxconn workers once their shifts end. Outside the gates of the Zhengzhou Foxconn
July 17, 2013 8:25 AM
- Revisiting Leslie Chang’s “Factory Girls”
- China Reporting Wins Pulitzers & Officia...
- Contemporary Chinese Art: Young and Restless
- Artist Puts iPad on Pedestal
- Is Change Emerging in China’s Factories...
- Censorship Vault: Say No to “True Story...
- Is Insourcing More Than Just Wishful Thinking...
- Foxconn Entangled in Labor Rights Inquiries
- Inside Foxconn
- Report Says Thousands of Foxconn Workers Prot...
- Foxconn Admits to Hiring Teen Interns
- Did Chinese iPhone Workers Really Go on Strik...
- Living Conditions Become New Labor Flashpoint
- Foxconn Plant Open, But Broader Issues Persis...
- Foxconn Closes Plant After Worker Brawl
- iPhone 5 Sets Accessory Makers Scrambling
- Meet China’s Factory Workers
- Report Shows Foxconn Conditions Improving