December 4, 2013 11:09 PM
academic freedom activists Ai Weiwei art censorship artists bloggers blogs censorship Charter 08 democracy dissidents exporting censorship Frankfurt Book Fair Han Han hexie farm Internet censorship Internet control literature Liu Xiaobo ma jian microblogs Olympics human rights online activism political cartoons political prisoners political reform press freedom writers Xi Jinping zhang yihe
September 8, 2012 10:14 PM
Badiucao recently joined CDT as a contributing cartoonist. The artist, who currently lives in Australia, is one of China’s most popular
In the wake of the controversy over Peking University’s firing of economics professor Xia Yeliang, Helen Gao writes for Prospect Magazine
November 19, 2013 1:07 PM
The Australian Centre on China in the World at Australian National University has released its China Yearbook 2013, “Civilising China,”
November 1, 2013 12:17 PM
- Yu Hua: The Challenges of Conveying Absurd Re...
- Authors Accept Censors’ Rules to Sell in Chin...
- Big Vs Speak Out Against Internet Crackdown
- China Moves to Chill Interest in Independent ...
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): The Strength of Free Speech
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): Barbed Wire
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): The Nightmare of the Pen
- ‘The Dark Road’ and Ma Jian on Ce...
- Salman Rushdie, Murong Xuecun on Censorship
- China’s Resistance Art Beyond Ai Weiwei
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): Statue of Liberty, Chinese-...
- Politics and the Chinese Language
- Scholars Cautiously Urge Political Reform
- Writers Honored for Free Expression Commitmen...
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): Speech is Not a Crime
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): Silence is Golden
- Wu Si: The Five Levels of Freedom of Expressi...
- Han Han: ‘Why Aren’t You Grateful?’