December 12, 2013 10:14 PM
academic freedom Beijing Big V CCP censorship Chengdu democracy detention freedom of expression freedom of information free speech He Weifang Internet censorship Li Chengpeng maoism Mao Zedong netizens Netizen Voices political reform rule of law rumors sina weibo Southern Weekly southern weekly protest 2013 stability maintenance subversion weibo writers Xia Yeliang Xi Jinping
October 15, 2013 10:50 PM
For the Tibetan Centre for Human Rights and Democracy’s Banned Expression campaign, Dechen Pemba, founder and editor of High Peaks Pure
The South China Morning Post reports that outspoken proponent of the freedom of expression and early signer of Charter 08 Xia Yeliang has been expelled
October 18, 2013 5:14 PM
A Japan-based Chinese scholar who has been an active commentator on Sino-Japanese relations, Professor Zhu Jianrong, has possibly been detained
October 1, 2013 7:29 PM
- Charles Xue Blames Mood For Online “Ven...
- Big Vs Speak Out Against Internet Crackdown
- China’s “Seven Base Lines” for a Clean Intern...
- Internal Edict Warns of “Seven Perils...
- Wikipedia China Editor Grounded Until 2016
- Singer Wu Hongfei Released After “Bomb ...
- Chang Ping on Media Censorship and Its Future
- Widening Discontent Among the Party Faithful
- Controversy Pursues Li Chengpeng Book Tour
- Charges Dropped in Violinist’s Inciting...
- New Leftist Targeted in Shoe-Throwing Protest
- Eric X. Li vs Minxin Pei on China and Democra...
- An Interview With Mao Yushi
- Drawing the News: The Rumor Edition
- Li Chengpeng’s Silent Book Signing
- Netizen Voices: No Place Is Outside the Law
- Netizen Voices: Thought, Hope, and Imaginatio...
- Does Hu Xijin Favor Free Speech?