April 23, 2014 9:22 AM
18th party congress anti-censorship tools Baidu Beijing Beijing Internet Instructions Bo Xilai censorship Censorship Vault Chen Hua Chongqing corruption Directives from the Ministry of Truth Facebook filtered keywords freedom of expression Google Googlecn Great Firewall Guangdong Hu Jintao Internet censorship Japan media censorship microblogs Ministry of Truth netizens official corruption online public opinion people's daily propaganda protests River Crabbed rumors search engines Sensitive Words Series Shanghai Shenzhen sina sina weibo social media Tibet Twitter United States weibo Wen Jiabao Xi Jinping Xinhua Xinjiang Zhejiang Zhou Yongkang
February 16, 2014 10:01 AM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name
As of April 22, the following search terms are blocked on Sina Weibo (not including the “search for user” function).
- Ke Lingling (柯玲玲):
April 22, 2014 5:57 PM
In July 2009, following violent riots in Urumqi, authorities shut off Internet access throughout the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region for 10
April 22, 2014 3:16 PM
- Minitrue: VPN Sales and the Property-less
- Minitrue: Mistresses, Housing, and Handshakes
- How Big Is Weibo’s Censorship Discount?
- Minitrue: Hu Jintao Visits Hu Yaobang’s...
- Minitrue: Snow Lions, Insider Trading, and Mo...
- Viral Control: The Net in Wang Lixiong’...
- Script of the Week: Chrysanthemum
- Sensitive Words: Trials of New Citizens
- Minitrue: Clear Smog from Politics
- Sensitive Words: Maoming PX Protest
- Minitrue: Xi’s Eurotrip, PLA Officer...
- Minitrue: Maoming PX Protests Spread, More
- Sensitive: PX Protests, Tigers, More
- 1st Amendment Helps Baidu Win Censorship Laws...
- Minitrue: Malaysians Leave Beijing Hotel, Say...
- Minitrue: Information Official Li Wufeng̵...
- Word of the Week: Chinternet
- Minitrue: Missing Lawyers, Sci-Fi, Michelle O...