August 18, 2015 7:27 PM
18th party congress Baidu banking bloggers blogs bribery censorship corruption cybersecurity economic growth economic reform education Fang Binxing foreign companies foreign IT companies freedom of expression Google Googlecn government corruption Great Firewall hacking history hukou Internet censorship Internet control Internet culture leadership transition legal reform legal system media control National people's congress netizens Netizen Voices online activism online public opinion people's daily photos political cartoons political humor political reform rule of law rumors sina weibo social media state media state secrets Twitter weibo Xi Jinping Xinhua
July 8, 2015 8:22 PM
Reuters reports on an announcement from the Ministry of Public Security that 15,000 have been arrested for “jeopardizing Internet security”
The South China Morning Post’s George Chen reports that China’s central bank has announced plans to limit third-party online
August 3, 2015 3:50 PM
In March, the Chinese government implemented a new set of Internet rules that specifically target online usernames and profile pictures that
April 17, 2015 3:58 PM
- Web Portals Pledge to Help Clean Up the Inter...
- China Orders Real Name Register for Online Vi...
- Police Target Illegal Removal of Online Posts
- Big Vs Speak Out Against Internet Crackdown
- China’s Internet ‘Wall’ Hit...
- Chinese Censors Lift the Veil on Bloggers
- China Tightens Internet Regulation
- Changes and Challenges for China in 2013
- Sina Weibo’s New Rules
- Pinocchio with Chinese Characteristics
- Netizen Voices: Citizens Beheaded
- Two Arrested in Crackdown on Online Rumors
- China Detains Three for Online Rumor-Mongerin...
- Meeting Signals Pressure on Microblogs
- China Shutters 6,600 Websites for Manipulatin...
- Crowdsourced Anti-Corruption Websites Return ...
- Number of Chinese Websites Drops 41%
- China Regulator Defends Internet Role