January 15, 2014 12:00 PM
Acer Anhui Apple art art exhibitions artists Beijing business disputes Caijing CCP Chengdu Chenzhou Cultural Revolution death diaoyu islands Evan Osnos Facebook factories factory workers forced demolitions Foxconn funerals Great Firewall Hong Kong Hunan Hu Shuli industrial accidents inflation intellectual property rights Internet censorship IPad iPhone Lenovo manufacturing Proview Red Guards SARS scalpers Shanghai Shenzhen sina weibo South China Morning Post state council's information office supply chain Tiananmen Square trademark protection Twitter video games VPN word of the week
May 7, 2011 12:56 PM
红派壹号 (hóng pài yī hào): red pad The Chinese Communist Party’s answer to the iPad. Introduced in January 2012, the Red Pad was designed
The Wall Street Journal’s Te-Ping Chen reports on rising costs of afterliving and spiralling denominations of “ghost money”
August 20, 2013 4:03 PM
The New Yorker’s Evan Osnos talks to artist Li Liao about his piece Consumption, currently on display in Beijing in an exhibition of 50 young,
January 18, 2013 3:16 PM
- Contemporary Chinese Art: Young and Restless
- iPad Dispute in China Settled Cheaply
- Diaoyu Island Dispute, Now For iPad!
- New iPad: Made, but Not Yet Sold in China
- Apple’s China Problems
- Chinese Muckraker Caixin Expands Its Mandate
- Foxconn Workshops Resume iPad Production; Boy...
- China Sealing Cracks in the Great Firewall
- Chinese Government’s PR Arm Gets iPad App
- Chinese Apple Stores have Highest Traffic, Re...
- Apple, at Long Last, Launches iPad in China
- Pirates Rewrite Script for Apple’s Chin...