April 24, 2014 9:06 PM
acftu Adidas Africa Africa investment Apple art exhibitions Beijing cadres Cangnan censorship chengguan child labor Chinese migrants compensation copper corporate responsibility dongguan election Evan Osnos factories factory workers foreign companies foreign correspondents Foxconn Fujian Guangdong han dongfang Honda iPhone labor labor conditions labor rights labor unions labor unrest manufacturing migrant workers mining industry pensions protest protests riots Shenzhen shoes strikes suicide trade unions workers zambia Zhejiang Zhengzhou
April 24, 2014 5:10 PM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name
Jonathan Kaiman at The Guardian reports that the ongoing Yue Yuen Industrial (Holdings) Ltd.’s shoe factory strikes in Guangdong have
April 23, 2014 8:50 AM
As companies from Wal-Mart to the world’s largest shoe-maker, Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings, face disgruntled employees, Alexandra
April 18, 2014 9:34 PM
- Labor Organization in China: Risky Business
- “Democracy Must Begin on the Factory Fl...
- Artist Puts iPad on Pedestal
- Is Change Emerging in China’s Factories...
- Foxconn Entangled in Labor Rights Inquiries
- Visiting the Morecambe Bay Victims’ Fam...
- Inside Foxconn
- Report Says Thousands of Foxconn Workers Prot...
- Did Chinese iPhone Workers Really Go on Strik...
- Living Conditions Become New Labor Flashpoint
- Foxconn Closes Plant After Worker Brawl
- Meet China’s Factory Workers
- Report Shows Foxconn Conditions Improving
- Chinese Manager Killed at Zambian Mine
- Foxconn Pledges to Improve Conditions
- This American Life’s Foxconn Retraction...
- This American Life Retracts Episode on Foxcon...
- On the Rooftops of Foxconn (Updated)