April 3, 2014 6:53 PM
Beijing book reviews children crime demographics economic growth economic slowdown education exports financial crisis 2008-2009 Foxconn Guangdong health care hukou labor conditions labor rights labor shortage labor unrest left-behind children manufacturing migrant education migrant labor migrants migrant workers petitioners photos poverty protest protests riots rural children sealed management Shanghai Shenzhen slideshow social unrest special reports Spring Festival strikes suicide sweatshops Tibet unemployment unpaid wages urbanization urban rural divide videos wages wealth gap women
March 21, 2014 10:17 PM
In an exclusive for Foreign Policy, Tea Leaf Nation profiles Lu Yuyu, a onetime migrant worker who has devoted his life to digitally archiving the
At The Wall Street Journal, historian Maura Cunningham describes the vulnerability of China’s left-behind children, many of whom fall
March 21, 2014 9:56 PM
The Wall Street Journal’s Andrew Browne examines the situation of China’s “left-behind” children, many of whom must
January 17, 2014 3:19 AM
- 1 in 5 Children Live in Rural Villages Withou...
- New China Cities: Shoddy Homes, Broken Hope
- Migrants Now Account for One Sixth of Populat...
- Guilin School Blast Linked to Migrant Worker
- Cracking the Hukou Code to Hasten Urbanizatio...
- Working Hard and Playing Hard in Fun City
- Who’s Watching Left-behind Children?
- Losing Battle Against Lung Disease and Worker...
- Revisiting Leslie Chang’s “Factory Girls”
- China’s Lopsided Labor Force
- Migrant Workers’ Pay Growth Slows
- Al Jazeera: China Rising
- China’s Gender Gap Reaches from Rural A...
- Police Quell Beijing Protest after Woman̵...
- Landslide Draws Attention to Toll of Mining o...
- Dissent Magazine: China’s 99%
- Tibet Landslide Rescue Work Suspended
- 83 Buried in Tibet Mine Landslide (Updated)