October 29, 2013 3:54 PM
aircraft carriers Australia relations australia trade aviation China's rise Confucianism corruption coup democracy diplomacy Egypt foreign perception foreign policy Hu Jintao Jiang Zemin June 4th Libya Liu Shaoqi maritime security military military buildup military exercise military expansion military modernization military power military spending military technology navy peacekeeping People's Liberation Army Pew Global Attitudes Survey philosophy protests public opinion soft power state media Sunzi superpower Taiwan taiwan military force taiwan war Tiananmen Square U.N. U.S. relations United Nations United States Xi Jinping
August 15, 2013 7:33 PM
A little more than a year after China’s first aircraft carrier joined the PLA’s naval ranks, China’s bilingual state media
Richard Wike, associate director of the Pew Research Center’s Global Attitudes Project, writes for CNN on China’s growing pains as it develops
August 7, 2013 12:58 PM
At The Atlantic, Anna Richardson describes the growth and implications of China’s U.N. peacekeeping deployments: With little fanfare,
May 13, 2013 11:17 PM
- Australia Gets Closer to China
- Xi Jinping’s PLA Leadership, in Context
- China Lands Fighter Jet in Show of Force
- Rotting From Within
- January and the PLA: What’s Next?
- Sun Tzu & The Art of Soft Power
- Backgrounder: China’s Military Power
- A Mystery in Beijing: Who Runs Military? R...
- Coming to terms with China’s ascent ...
- Lee Hamilton: Keeping peace with rising China
- Paul Starr: Their Sun Also Rises
- Joseph Nye: Beware of self-fulfilling prophec...