October 29, 2013 12:34 AM
Abigail Washburn Beijing celebrities classical music Cui Jian dance detention Hip-hop musicians photos piracy propaganda punk rock music satire Shanghai Silk Road silk road project Snowstorm 2008 songs Song Zuying Tibet traditional culture traditional music Uyghurs videos Wu Man Xinjiang youth culture Zhou Yunpeng
June 30, 2011 11:53 PM
At China Real Time, Chuin-Wei Yap notes trending tributes on Sina Weibo to rock musician Lou Reed, who died on Sunday at the age of 71. The appeal in
At ChinaFile, James Palmer mounts a wide-ranging exploration of tensions between China’s Han majority and the Uighur inhabitants of Xinjiang.
September 27, 2013 11:43 PM
High Peaks Pure Earth has translated the music video for “Patriotic Martyrs,” by Tibetan musician Jampel: “Patriotic Martyrs”
July 18, 2013 5:51 PM
- Ai Weiwei: “I Will Not Stop”
- Classical Music with Chinese Characteristics
- ‘China’s Leonard Cohen’ Cal...
- Rock in China: An Insider’s Journey
- Wu Man on Making Music from the Borderlands
- Building US-China Relations by Banjo
- Cui Jian: Still Rocking
- Zhou Yunpeng: We Want to Sing in Dialect [Upd...
- “Grandma’s Legs”: An Ode to Taxes
- Music Video: People of July － By Chuanzi (川子)
- First Review of Mamma Mia! in Mandarin
- You Can’t Have a Party Without Music: A...
- “Laundry Song”: a Tibetan Red Son...
- Dylan: “Allow Me to Clarify This So-cal...
- Abram Hodgens: Silk Road Timelapse
- Chinese Singers Fined For Miming
- Music Video: “The Whole World is Laughing at ...
- China Cracks Down On ‘Indecent’ S...