July 2, 2014 5:48 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake Beijing blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship China's rise corruption Dalai Lama democracy diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic growth food safety Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control Japan media censorship migrant workers Ministry of Truth photos press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo Tibet U.S. relations United States Uyghurs wealth gap weibo Xi Jinping Xinjiang
September 25, 2014 4:51 PM
With Saturday’s fifth anniversary of deadly riots in Urumqi approaching, and amid a steady stream of arrests, trials and sentencings that
At ChinaFile, James Palmer mounts a wide-ranging exploration of tensions between China’s Han majority and the Uighur inhabitants of Xinjiang.
September 27, 2013 11:43 PM
Choi Chi-yuk reports from Urumqi ahead of the anniversary on Friday of riots in 2009, in which at least 197 people were killed. With Mandy Zuo at South
July 5, 2013 1:47 PM
- Unrest In Xinjiang Incites Military Crackdown
- China Says More Arrested After Deadly Clash
- China’s Female Imams
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): Untitled
- Ramadan Celebrations Off Limits In Xinjiang
- China Faces Shifting Dynamic in Middle East
- “Commitment Contract” for Xinjiang Muslims
- Muslims Clash with Police over Mosque
- How China Kept Lid on Ramadan
- Australia Pressed to Take Uighurs
- Muslims Riot In China’s Henan Province
- Supreme Court is Urged to Order Uighurs’...
- China Arrested Almost 1,300 in Muslim West La...
- China’s Muslims Say Ramadan A Time Of R...
- China Imposes Ramadan Security Crackdown In M...
- Mao and Minneapolis
- The Blacklist Academic Leaders Ignore
- Tensions Rise Between Tibetans, Chinese Musli...