September 27, 2013 11:43 PM
arrests art censorship assimilation Australia relations Barack Obama Burma central asia ethnic conflict ethnic minority ethnic tensions forced demolitions guantanamo bay Henan hexie farm Hip-hop hui IAC International Religious Freedom Report islam kaifeng kashgar knife attacks middle east minorities music muslim muslims Olympics torch Ramadan religion religious freedom social unrest State Department terrorism Tibet tibetan buddhism Tibetans U.S. human rights U.S. State Department Urumqi Urumqi protests 2009 Uyghurs weibo women leaders Xinjiang Xinjiang protests 2009 Xinjiang violence Xu Wei year of the pig Yunnan
July 5, 2013 1:47 PM
At ChinaFile, James Palmer mounts a wide-ranging exploration of tensions between China’s Han majority and the Uighur inhabitants of Xinjiang.
The BBC reports that following days of unrest in the Xinjiang region that included an attack on a police station in Hotan on Friday, Chinese officials
June 30, 2013 11:14 PM
The Chinese government announced that more suspects have been detained for alleged involvement in the violent attack near Kashgar, Xinjiang
April 28, 2013 11:45 PM
- China’s Female Imams
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): Untitled
- Ramadan Celebrations Off Limits In Xinjiang
- China Faces Shifting Dynamic in Middle East
- “Commitment Contract” for Xinjiang Muslims
- Muslims Clash with Police over Mosque
- How China Kept Lid on Ramadan
- Australia Pressed to Take Uighurs
- Muslims Riot In China’s Henan Province
- Supreme Court is Urged to Order Uighurs’...
- China Arrested Almost 1,300 in Muslim West La...
- China’s Muslims Say Ramadan A Time Of R...
- China Imposes Ramadan Security Crackdown In M...
- Mao and Minneapolis
- The Blacklist Academic Leaders Ignore
- Tensions Rise Between Tibetans, Chinese Musli...
- China Clampdown For Olympic Torch In Xinjiang...
- China Rejects Human Rights Criticisms, Yet Ag...