September 25, 2014 4:51 PM
art censorship Australia relations Barack Obama Burma CCTV central asia ethnic minority ethnic tensions forced demolitions France freedom of expression Global Times guantanamo bay Henan hexie farm human rights watch Ilham Tohti islam journalism kashgar middle east minorities music muslims Olympics human rights Olympics torch one-child policy press freedom racism religion religious freedom rock music sina weibo social unrest Spring Festival state media terrorism Tibet tibetan buddhism Tibetans U.S. human rights Urumqi Uyghurs Wang Lixiong weibo Xinhua Xinjiang Xinjiang protests 2009 Xinjiang violence Yunnan
January 16, 2015 1:26 PM
After receiving an unexpectedly harsh life sentence for separatism on Tuesday, Uyghur scholar Ilham Tohti issued a message through his lawyer
With Saturday’s fifth anniversary of deadly riots in Urumqi approaching, and amid a steady stream of arrests, trials and sentencings that
July 2, 2014 5:48 PM
At ChinaFile, James Palmer mounts a wide-ranging exploration of tensions between China’s Han majority and the Uighur inhabitants of Xinjiang.
September 27, 2013 11:43 PM
- Four Years After Xinjiang Riots, Grievances U...
- Unrest In Xinjiang Incites Military Crackdown
- China Says More Arrested After Deadly Clash
- China’s Female Imams
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): Untitled
- Ramadan Celebrations Off Limits In Xinjiang
- China Faces Shifting Dynamic in Middle East
- “Commitment Contract” for Xinjiang Muslims
- Muslims Clash with Police over Mosque
- How China Kept Lid on Ramadan
- Australia Pressed to Take Uighurs
- Muslims Riot In China’s Henan Province
- Supreme Court is Urged to Order Uighurs’...
- China Arrested Almost 1,300 in Muslim West La...
- China’s Muslims Say Ramadan A Time Of R...
- China Imposes Ramadan Security Crackdown In M...
- Mao and Minneapolis
- The Blacklist Academic Leaders Ignore