July 18, 2012 10:22 PM
2008 Beijing Olympics Air China air pollution Andy Lau architecture athletes Beijing Beijing airport censorship China's rise China coverage China image Darfur forced demolitions foreign correspondents gold medal Guangzhou Han Han information control IOC Jackie Chan Liu Xiang Mitt Romney modern life Olympic athletes Sanlitun soft power Tibet Tibet protests videos
February 2, 2009 9:21 PM
For the Chinese, the Olympics have always been something more than just games: the longstanding medal-oriented ideology has linked sports achievements
Tom Miller reports in the South China Morning Post, via shanghaiexpat.com: In our series looking at preparations for the Games, Tom Miller reports
July 19, 2008 9:00 AM
From the-american-interest.com: The year 2008 is a significant one for the People’s Republic of China. Of course, there will be the Beijing
June 9, 2008 7:59 PM
- AP Exclusive: Networks, Olympics Organizers C...
- Romney Says Olympic Sponsors Are Concerned ab...
- China ‘To Top Games Medal Table’
- Video: The Beijing Olympics and Media Freedom
- China Marks 100 Days to Olympics
- Travel Boom Makes Air China Soar
- China Falls Short on Vows for Olympics
- Clash of Hypocrisy, Incompetence
- My Friends, What Do You Want From Us?
- The Torch and Freedom
- China Loses Control of the Games
- Playing Games on Chinese
- IOC in China: Pleased on Censorship, Pressure...
- Changing the Rules of the Games
- Carrying a Torch for Tibet
- Officials Proud of Olympic Village, Mum on Se...
- Beijing Universities to Close Early for Games
- China to Divert More Yellow River Water for O...