February 6, 2010 6:39 PM
2008 Beijing Olympics accidents air quality Ai Weiwei archeology architecture Beijing Beijing airport Beijing architecture Bird's nest CCTV children China's rise construction corruption cultural preservation death penalty design forced evictions hutongs ian johnson infrastructure migrant education migrant workers Olympics corruption Olympics preparations redevelopment subway videos work safety
July 10, 2012 10:50 AM
A year and a half after the Olympics in Beijing, the impressive structures built for the event are left without a purpose
Discovery Channel’s documentary “Beijing Airport” tells the story of why and how China vowed to build t
February 2, 2009 9:21 PM
Nathan Myhrvold, the former chief technology officer of Microsoft, continues his guest-blogging for the New York Times
December 12, 2008 11:04 AM
- Beijing Olympics Building Chief May Be Execut...
- A Biblical Seven Years
- ‘The Olympics Have Destroyed Our Lives&...
- An Olympic Stadium Worth Remembering
- Mao to Wow!
- Despite Promises, Old Beijing Neighborhoods F...
- In Beijing, No Answer to The Bulldozer
- The New Great Walls
- Construction Halted Ahead of Games
- Before the Olympics, a Parade of Companies
- Beijing Simmering Over ‘The Egg’
- From the High-Rise to the Hutong
- China’s Olympian Infrastructure Plans
- Main Photo: Olympics Constructions
- Beijing Opens Massive Airport Terminal
- Sleeping Dragon Awakes — At World’s New...
- An Olympian Construction: Beijing’s New...
- China Defends Relocation Policy