September 26, 2013 9:36 AM
2008 Sichuan earthquake abandoned children adoption AIDS assimilation Beijing black market children child safety child trafficking cultural identity disabled documentaries drinking water fire foreigners in China gender imbalance Global Times Henan international adoption migrant workers NGOs north korea refugees one-child policy orphanages orphans Oscar photos poverty religious freedom Ruby Yang Shaanxi United States Uyghurs videos wet nurse World War II
Recent Reuters reports exposing ”America’s underground market for adopted children” have generated much dismay at China’s
CNN World reports that overseas adoptions have declined globally in recent years due to increasingly stringent adoption policies in sending
September 17, 2013 8:54 AM
China’s central government announced on Tuesday that individuals and groups who find abandoned children cannot privately adopt them.
June 18, 2013 8:04 PM
- Illegal Orphanage Fire Leaves 7 Dead
- Extraordinary Love Story, Village of 119 Wet ...
- Korean Children Left in China
- Uighur Children’s ‘Identities Cha...
- Clean Water for China’s Orphanages
- Quake Orphans Still Seeking Home
- Update: Only Two Earthquake Orphans Adopted
- Only One Orphan Adopted After China Quake
- China Earthquake: Chinese One-Child Families ...
- Suffer, the Children
- Fortune’s Sisters – Brooke Hauser
- China: Community embraces orphan – John...
- China’s AIDS Orphan Story Wins Oscar ...
- The long march across China (and a very Briti...
- The Mystery of China’s Lost Girls ̵...
- Photo series: A 3-year-old girl’s life
- Old scavenger with adopted orphans