February 13, 2014 2:23 AM
air pollution artists Beijing books contemporary art contemporary artists Cultural Revolution development exhibitions factory workers foreign correspondents foreigners in China history Howard French journalism lifestyle Lu Guang Mao Zedong minorities peter hessler photoblogs photographers photos photo series Shanghai Tibet culture Tibet development views of China youth culture Yunnan
February 25, 2009 5:41 PM
Originally from San Francisco, photographer and explorer Tom Carter spent two years backpacking 35,000 miles across all 33 Chinese provinces
Former Fulbright scholar Colette Fu has been constructing pop-up books for the past decade. She has designed pop-ups for award-winning stop motion
January 8, 2014 1:24 PM
Wired profiles French photographer Eric Leleu and his project Subtitles—an examination, commentary, and parody of the red banners seeking
September 20, 2013 2:00 PM
- In Slickness and in Wealth
- Photography: Scenes From 21st-Century China
- How to Photograph a Chinese Official
- Photos: Rising Above China
- Catching Fish Using Birds: Images of a Dying ...
- A Conversation with ‘Tank Man’ Ph...
- Tibet: Culture on the Edge
- Photographing China, from Rich to Poor, East ...
- Photographer Documents Toll of Labor Migratio...
- The Fight for the History of China’s Gr...
- Photos: Capturing Change in Tibet
- Looking Into the Eyes of ‘Made in China’
- Photographs Capture a Disappearing China
- Photos: China’s Cultural and Economic R...
- The Search for Photos of China’s Past
- Scenes From 21st Century China
- Photos: The Smog that Ate Beijing
- Mo Yan: Photos from Stockholm