November 4, 2014 5:11 PM
1989 top stories Beijing book reviews Buddhism censorship drinking tea Evan Osnos factories factory workers foreign correspondents Foxconn freedom of expression Huangpu pigs 2013 Hu Jia hutongs June 4th KMT labor conditions Liao Yiwu literature London May Fourth Movement music new york times online activism photos poetry protests religion satire School Collapse self-immolations Shanghai Shanxi brick kiln soe student protests subway suicide Taiwan Taiwan democracy Taiwan protests 2014 Teng Biao thailand Tianjin Tibet tibetan buddhism Translation Wen Jiabao writers Zhang Ziyi
Taiwanese manufacturing contractor Foxconn—a firm responsible for assembling as much as 40% of global consumer electronics products—has
Poet and publisher Shen Haobo was born in 1976 in Taixing, Jiangsu Province. He is a leading figure in the “Lower Body Poets” (下半身写作)
June 18, 2014 6:22 PM
While the three week-long occupation of Taiwan’s legislature may be coming to an end, emotions behind the protests linger in poems, some
April 8, 2014 5:48 PM
- “On the Plateau,” by Shen Haobo
- CDT Bookshelf: “A Wen Yiduo Poem Is Lik...
- Tibetan Artists and Writers Defy Information ...
- Evan Osnos: A Billion Stories
- Bloggers, and Government, Respond to Pig Cris...
- Wen Jiabao: Please Forget Me
- Cha: An Asian Literary Journal: China Issue
- Dream Weaver
- Liao Yiwu: Who Sings Sadly in the Deep Forest...
- Poem: Waiting for You to Come
- Poem: Among the Ruins of a School
- Poem: To My Wife, From Jail
- Poem: Like A Factory Worker
- Poem: Me, or a Monkey
- Is Zhang Ziyi Pretty or Not
- A Morning with a Sunrise
- Nan Luo Gu Xiang – Dai San Ge Biao
- Look Up to the Stars Together – Lian Yu...