April 17, 2015 1:52 PM
1989 protests 2008 Sichuan earthquake activists air pollution Ai Weiwei Beijing Bo Xilai CCP censorship Chen Guangcheng Chongqing corruption dissidents food safety freedom of expression Great Firewall Guangdong history Hu Jintao industrial pollution Internet censorship Internet culture Japan Japan relations journalism June 4th Liu Xiaobo Mao Zedong media censorship military one-child policy political prisoners political reform press freedom propaganda protests Shanghai sina weibo Taiwan terrorism Tiananmen Square Tibet Tibet protests U.S. relations Uyghurs water pollution weibo Wen Jiabao Xi Jinping Xinjiang
April 3, 2015 11:55 AM
Undaunted by an online smear campaign against him, cartoonist Badiucao responds to 71-year-old Chinese journalist Gao Yu’s seven year
@badiucao #SOS my twitter account is being attacked #五毛 by Chinese Internet commentators‘ slander and Harassment！ #FreeSpeech #cartoons
April 16, 2015 5:39 PM
Celebrity CCTV host Bi Fujian found himself on the wrong end of public scrutiny this week when a video clip of him calling Mao Zedong a “son of a bitch”
April 10, 2015 12:49 PM
- Drawing the News: The PX Equation
- Drawing the News: Hu Shuli vs. Guo Wengui
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Free the Five
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Problem Solved
- Police Shadow Journalists’ Charlie Hebdo Gath...
- Drawing the News: Wo Shi Chali (Je Suis Charl...
- Rebel Pepper: Honoring Constitution Day
- Badiucao (巴丢草): World Internet Conference
- Drawing the News: A Fat Fly’s Appetite
- Drawing the News: Another Brick in the Firewa...
- Badiucao (巴丢草)：The Thorn in Xi Jinping’...
- Drawing the News: Xi Jinping and Zhou Xiaopin...
- Drawing the News: To Hong Kong, With Love
- Drawing the News: Taking Flight, or Taking Il...
- Drawing the News: Exploratory Error
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Go Hong Kong!
- Drawing the News: Robot Cat Class Enemy
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Peace on Trial