April 15, 2015 11:26 PM
1989 protests 2008 Sichuan earthquake activists Ai Weiwei Beijing bloggers blogs Bo Xilai CCP censorship Chen Guangcheng Chongqing corruption Dalai Lama defending rights democracy diplomacy Directives from the Ministry of Truth dissidents foreign IT companies freedom of expression history Hong Kong Hu Jintao Internet censorship Internet control journalism June 4th Liu Xiaobo media censorship Ministry of Truth one-child policy political prisoners press freedom propaganda protests religion self-immolations Shanghai social unrest Taiwan relations terrorism Tiananmen Square Tibet Tibet protests U.S. relations Uyghurs videos Xi Jinping Xinjiang
November 21, 2014 1:59 PM
At China Real Time, Josh Chin reports the commutation of an underground political party founder’s life sentence for subversion: The story
Writer and publisher Tie Liu has been convicted of operating an illegal business after publishing the accounts of people persecuted as “rightists”
February 26, 2015 9:39 PM
Reuters’ Ben Blanchard reports the release of ethnic Mongolian political prisoner Hada after eighteen years in prison and under house
December 9, 2014 12:21 PM
- Ilham Tohti’s Students Stand Trial for ...
- Urumqi Court Rejects Ilham Tohti Appeal
- Gao Yu Says Confession Made Under Duress
- Minitrue: Ilham Tohti’s Life Sentence
- Ilham Tohti Receives Life Sentence for Separa...
- Ilham Tohti Awaits Verdict as Trial Ends
- Ilham Tohti To Be Tried Wednesday
- Badiucao (巴丢草)：Red Dentist
- Badiucao (巴丢草)：Free at Last?
- Ilham Tohti Rejects Separatism Charges
- Jailed Pastor’s Family Flees to U.S. Af...
- Concerns Over Alleged Secret Trial of Ilham T...
- Tibetan Filmmaker Released from Prison
- Post-1989 Rights Diplomacy “Effectively...
- Imprisoned Nobel Laureate Might Not Accept Pa...
- HK Publisher Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison
- Jewher Ilham: A Uighur Father’s Brave F...
- Ilham Tohti: My Ideals and Career Path