July 16, 2014 5:14 PM
administrative detention adoption CCTV censorship corruption custody and education death penalty Directives from the Ministry of Truth dongguan Dongguan prostitution bust Drawing the News foreign correspondents foreigners foreigners in China Fujian gambling gang rape gay rights gender gender imbalance Great Firewall Gun laws guo meimei human rights watch human trafficking illegal detentions Inner Mongolia Internet censorship Internet control kidnapping media censorship Ministry of Truth Pakistan police privacy propaganda prostitution public health rape re-education through labor sex sex industry sexually transmitted diseases sex workers Shenzhen sina weibo state media Tang Hui weibo Ye Haiyan
June 10, 2014 2:47 PM
After an unsuccessful attempt to get an Australian visa to attend the 20th International Aids Conference in Melbourne next weekend, AIDS
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name
June 13, 2014 10:32 AM
The abolition of re-education through labor last year was welcomed by rights advocates, but other forms of detention without trial persist, and
May 5, 2014 4:59 PM
- Drawing the News: Guo Meimei’s Dirty La...
- Minitrue: Legal Basis for Custody and Educati...
- Red Lights Dim in China’s Sin City
- A Border City on the Edge of the Law
- Minitrue: Do Not Oppose CCTV Dongguan Report
- Drawing the News: Sweeping Yellow Under the R...
- This Week on CDT, February 14, 2014
- CDT Bookshelf: Interview with Tom Carter
- Netizen Voices: Cancel the Trip to Dongguan
- River Crabbed: Prostitution Bust in Dongguan
- Detention and Abuses Persist for China’...
- ‘Custody and Education’ for China...
- Li Tianyi Denies Charges in Rape Trial
- Reporting on Trafficked Women in China
- Inside the World of a “10-yuan” S...
- Sex Workers in China Face Abuse
- A Look at “Behind the Red Door: Sex in ...
- Getting Meth in China