December 31, 2013 5:06 PM
CCTV censorship Chengdu Chengdu PX dalian px David Bandurski Directives from the Ministry of Truth economic development environmental protection environmental protests industrial accidents Internet censorship Kunming Kunming PX media censorship Ministry of Truth netizens NIMBY Ningbo ningbo px nuclear power protests Sensitive Words Series sina weibo transparency weibo Xiamen PX Xi Jinping Xi Russia visit 2013 Yunnan
July 30, 2013 8:24 AM
For Shanghaiist, chinadialogue editor Sam Geall reviews ten major environmental stories from China in 2013, from the persistent pall of air pollution
The week before last month’s explosion at a Zhangzhou PX plant, a Southern Weekly article [zh] now adapted at chinadialogue explained how
August 14, 2013 5:26 PM
After three successive days of demonstrations (see pictures at Tea Leaf Nation and Global Voices), protesters in Jiangmen, Guangdong won a written
July 15, 2013 2:00 AM
- Kunming PX Environmental Assessment Under Fir...
- People’s Daily Says PX No More Harmful ...
- Environmental Protests a “Sign of Unequ...
- Anatomy of Two Protests: Kunming vs. Chengdu
- Protesters in Kunming and Chengdu Fight Pollu...
- PX Protests, Hollow Victories and Forced Demo...
- Ministry of Truth: Planned Yunnan Oil Refiner...
- Sensitive Words: Protests, Arrests, and More
- Sensitive Words: First Lady Fashion and More
- Ministry of Truth: Ningbo Protests
- Drawing the News: Sandy, Sparta and Beyond
- Netizen Voices: Foreign Journalists in Ningbo
- Sensitive Words: Ningbo Protests and More