November 10, 2014 6:58 PM
2008 Sichuan earthquake Ai Weiwei anti-Japan protests Bo Xilai CCP CCTV censorship Chengdu Chen Guangcheng Chongqing Cultural Revolution Dalai Lama Directives from the Ministry of Truth environmental activism environmental protests Falun Gong food safety Global Times Guangdong Han Han human rights activists industrial pollution Japan Mao Zedong media conditions Ministry of Truth nationalism netizens Netizen Voices people's daily police political cartoons political humor pollution press freedom protests rule of law self-immolations Sichuan sina weibo social media stock market Tibet transparency violence Wang Lijun weibo Wen Jiabao Xiao Qiang Xinhua
July 28, 2012 1:53 AM
Protests against a planned molybdenum copper plant in Shifang, Sichuan were hailed as a triumph of people power when they forced its suspension
November 5, 2012 8:44 AM
At Tea Leaf Nation, Tom Snyder covers the fallout from an incident during last month’s anti-Japanese protests: prominent nationalist
October 5, 2012 9:32 AM
- Directives from the Ministry of Truth: Shifan...
- Tenuous Calm After Pollution Protests (Update...
- Social Media a Boon for Environmentalism in C...
- Calls for Transparency and a Free Media after...
- Suspicion of Government High After Pollution ...
- Mixed Views & Fisticuffs Over Shifang Pr...
- Shifang Plant Cancelled, Protesters Released
- Sichuan Environmental Protest Turns Violent (...
- Cross-Talk Comics: Killing the Messenger
- Netizen Voices: Blasting the People’s Daily
- Cross-Talk Comics: The Small Bunch
- No More Politics, Get Back to Studying
- Netizen Voices: Hu Xijin on Shifang
- Shifang: A Study in Contrasts
- Cross-Talk Comics: The Battle of Shifang
- Netizen Voices: Lunch with the Shifang Police
- Weibo: Welcome to Shifang
- Han Han: The Liberation of Shifang