August 18, 2014 4:43 PM
18th party congress Beijing Big V Bo Xilai CCP censorship corruption crackdown dalian px Facebook freedom of expression Global Times Hu Jia independent candidacies Internet Internet censorship Internet control Internet crackdown Internet population Internet trends IPO journalism Li Chengpeng Liu Xiaobo live music media control microblogging microblogs mobile phones mobile technology netizens online activism online music online public opinion petitioners police political reform popular online public opinion QQ renren rumors sina sina weibo social media tencent Twitter WeChat weibo Xi Jinping
August 7, 2014 5:56 PM
At Monday’s meeting with members of the Leading Group for Overall Reform, Xi Jinping announced plans for new “strong, influential
According to the Hong Kong-based China Labour Bulletin, the number of strikes and worker protests in the second quarter of 2014 increased 49% from
August 14, 2014 12:07 AM
At PEN America, Deji Olukotun talks to Jason Q Ng, author of Blocked on Weibo: What Gets Suppressed on China’s Version of Twitter (and Why),
August 1, 2014 2:21 AM
- Blogger Given 6.5 Years for ‘Rumor-Mong...
- Chinese Social Media Shrinks by 7% During Cra...
- Netizen Voices: Li Chengpeng Ousted From Sina
- 5% of Active WeChat Accounts Shut Down for Pr...
- LinkedIn Allows Censorship in Mainland China
- What Might Twitter In China Look Like?
- As Beijing Renews WeChat Crackdown, SCIO Repo...
- Why China Could Be Huge For Facebook
- Beijing Lawyers Strike Back at New Gag Order
- Lucrative Stardom Using a Webcam and a Voice
- How Big Is Weibo’s Censorship Discount?
- Weibo Messages Generated By 5 Per Cent Of Use...
- Crackdown Hits Popular WeChat Accounts
- Planning for U.S. IPO, Sina Weibo Turns First...
- What Does WhatsApp Buy Mean for Facebook in C...
- Sina Weibo Stifled By Internet Crackdown
- Busting China’s Bloggers
- Executed Hawker’s Son Accused of Copying