March 11, 2014 2:37 AM
alcohol Burma Chinalco Chinese Academy of Science climate change coal mining dairy industry Dalai Lama dams energy demand environment environmental degradation environmental regulation ethnic conflict farmers glaciers global warming grassland greater Tibet Himalayas Hu Chunhua Hu Jintao human rights conditions Hydropower India relations industrial pollution Inner Mongolia Inner Mongolia protests Kekexili lhasa mines mining mining accidents mining industry nomads Qinghai Tibet plateau resettlement rivers Sichuan Tibet Tibetan antelopes Tibetan plateau Tibet culture Tibet development Tibet Dialogue Tibet environment Tibet status water crisis water pollution Woeser
August 13, 2013 2:30 AM
Due to increasingly stringent hydro project approval rules, and despite warnings of a “Faustian bargain” with a runaway “hydro-industrial
On their website, The Third Pole has posted an interview with Gabriel Lafitte, author of the book Spoiling Tibet: China and Resource Nationalism
October 11, 2013 5:00 PM
At The Financial Times, Leslie Hook writes that Chinese authorities have misdiagnosed the causes of Tibet’s environmental problems,
September 3, 2013 6:59 PM
- Pole-Land: The Climate of Tibet
- Tibet’s Untouchable Environmental Challenges
- Landslide Draws Attention to Toll of Mining o...
- Tibet: Culture on the Edge
- Little Hu and the Mining of the Grasslands
- Woeser: "Sershül Monastery In Recent Yea...
- Beer Company Threatens Tibetan Antelope
- Dalai Lama Called for Focus on Climate, not P...
- Uttam Kumar Sinha: Tibet’s Watershed Ch...
- Video: On Thinner Ice: The Tibetan Plateau in...
- Video: Tibetan Plateau in Peril
- China Plans String of Dams in South Tibet
- Chinalco Takes On Volatile Tibet
- Why Tibet is Boiling Over (Updated)
- Tibet: Transformation And Tradition
- The “Roof of the World” is Leakin...
- Environment of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau under th...