March 11, 2014 2:37 AM
2008 Beijing Olympics animal protection Burma climate change coal Dalai Lama dams energy demand environment environmental degradation environmental regulation ethnic conflict farmers Hu Jintao human rights conditions Hydropower India relations industrial pollution Inner Mongolia landslides leadership transition lhasa Lhasa unrest migrant workers mines mining mining accidents mining industry nationalism natural disasters natural resources Nu River photography relocation renewable energy rivers Sichuan Tibet Tibet culture Tibet development Tibet Dialogue Tibet status video videos water water crisis water pollution wildlife preservation Woeser Xinjiang
August 13, 2013 2:30 AM
Due to increasingly stringent hydro project approval rules, and despite warnings of a “Faustian bargain” with a runaway “hydro-industrial
On their website, The Third Pole has posted an interview with Gabriel Lafitte, author of the book Spoiling Tibet: China and Resource Nationalism
October 11, 2013 5:00 PM
At The Financial Times, Leslie Hook writes that Chinese authorities have misdiagnosed the causes of Tibet’s environmental problems,
September 3, 2013 6:59 PM
- Pole-Land: The Climate of Tibet
- Tibet’s Untouchable Environmental Challenges
- Landslide Draws Attention to Toll of Mining o...
- Tibet: Culture on the Edge
- Little Hu and the Mining of the Grasslands
- Woeser: "Sershül Monastery In Recent Yea...
- Beer Company Threatens Tibetan Antelope
- Dalai Lama Called for Focus on Climate, not P...
- Uttam Kumar Sinha: Tibet’s Watershed Ch...
- Video: On Thinner Ice: The Tibetan Plateau in...
- Video: Tibetan Plateau in Peril
- China Plans String of Dams in South Tibet
- Chinalco Takes On Volatile Tibet
- Why Tibet is Boiling Over (Updated)
- Tibet: Transformation And Tradition
- The “Roof of the World” is Leakin...
- Environment of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau under th...