October 11, 2013 5:00 PM
alcohol Chinalco Chinese Academy of Science climate change Dalai Lama dams energy demand environmental degradation glaciers global warming grassland Hu Jintao human rights conditions Hydropower industrial pollution Inner Mongolia Inner Mongolia protests Kekexili lhasa mining mining accidents mining industry nomads Qinghai Tibet plateau Tibet Tibet culture Tibet development water crisis water pollution Woeser
August 13, 2013 2:30 AM
On their website, The Third Pole has posted an interview with Gabriel Lafitte, author of the book Spoiling Tibet: China and Resource Nationalism
At The Financial Times, Leslie Hook writes that Chinese authorities have misdiagnosed the causes of Tibet’s environmental problems,
September 3, 2013 6:59 PM
The Economist examines conflicting research into the effects of climate change on the Tibetan plateau and surrounding mountains, known collectively
May 11, 2013 12:08 AM
- Tibet’s Untouchable Environmental Challenges
- Landslide Draws Attention to Toll of Mining o...
- Tibet: Culture on the Edge
- Little Hu and the Mining of the Grasslands
- Woeser: "Sershül Monastery In Recent Yea...
- Beer Company Threatens Tibetan Antelope
- Dalai Lama Called for Focus on Climate, not P...
- Uttam Kumar Sinha: Tibet’s Watershed Ch...
- Video: On Thinner Ice: The Tibetan Plateau in...
- Video: Tibetan Plateau in Peril
- China Plans String of Dams in South Tibet
- Chinalco Takes On Volatile Tibet
- Why Tibet is Boiling Over (Updated)
- Tibet: Transformation And Tradition
- The “Roof of the World” is Leakin...
- Environment of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau under th...