May 13, 2014 2:20 PM
activists Ai Weiwei black jails Bo Xilai CCP Central Commission for Discipline Inspection Chen Guangcheng Chongqing corruption criminal procedure law death penalty detention dissidents Falun Gong forced abortions forced confessions Gao Zhisheng gu kailai Guo Feixiong house arrest human rights activists human rights conditions human rights watch illegal detentions interrogation lawyers legal reform li wangyang Li Zhuang official corruption party discipline petitioners police brutality police violence political cartoons political prisoners prison abuse prisoners prisoners' rights prisons rights lawyers rule of law Shuanggui strike black Tibet torture UN Uyghurs Wang Lijun Xinjiang
July 3, 2014 12:43 AM
30 years on from the adoption of the U.N. Convention Against Torture, Amnesty International has launched a new campaign highlighting widespread
Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have called for an official investigation into four lawyers’ claims that they were tortured
April 9, 2014 3:35 PM
The anti-corruption crackdown launched by President Xi Jinping’s administration has netted officials at most levels of government,
March 9, 2014 11:34 PM
- Badiucao (巴丢草): Red Mark
- Six Officials Sentenced Over Torture Death
- Officials to Face Death Penalty in Drowning D...
- Six Officials Charged Over Detainee’s D...
- The Precarious Lives of China’s Rights ...
- Forced Confessions Draw Fresh Scrutiny
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): The Hell We Live In
- Poet Liao Yiwu’s Nightmare in Chinese Prison
- Imprisoned Rights Lawyer Allowed Family Visit
- Chinese-American Faces Trial in China
- Reflections on Chongqing
- Torture and Betrayal in Bo’s Chongqing
- Inside China’s “Sunshine Detentio...
- Is Kim Jong-Un Planning His First Trip to Chi...
- Accused Party Members Face Harsh Discipline
- Li Wangyang: I Won’t Retreat Even if I ...
- Activist Li Wangyang Found Dead in Hospital
- Chen Guangcheng: How China Flouts Its Law