October 27, 2013 11:15 PM
activists Bo Xilai Chen Guangcheng Chongqing corruption death penalty detention dissidents forced confessions Gao Zhisheng gu kailai human rights activists human rights conditions human rights watch illegal detentions interrogation lawyers legal reform petitioners police brutality police violence political prisoners prison abuse prisons Shuanggui Tibet UN Uyghurs Wang Lijun Xinjiang
September 16, 2013 9:38 PM
In a sneak preview of his future collaboration with CDT, cartoonist Badiucao (巴丢草) comments on the case against journalist Chen Yongzhou,
Six officials received prison sentences ranging from four to fourteen years at the end of last month following the death of SOE employee Yu Qiyi
October 14, 2013 8:40 PM
The work of the Party’s Discipline Inspection Commission was highlighted last month by the trial of fallen Chongqing Party chief Bo Xilai,
September 4, 2013 11:57 AM
- The Precarious Lives of China’s Rights ...
- Forced Confessions Draw Fresh Scrutiny
- Hexie Farm (蟹农场): The Hell We Live In
- Poet Liao Yiwu’s Nightmare in Chinese Prison
- Imprisoned Rights Lawyer Allowed Family Visit
- Chinese-American Faces Trial in China
- Reflections on Chongqing
- Torture and Betrayal in Bo’s Chongqing
- Inside China’s “Sunshine Detentio...
- Is Kim Jong-Un Planning His First Trip to Chi...
- Accused Party Members Face Harsh Discipline
- Li Wangyang: I Won’t Retreat Even if I ...
- Activist Li Wangyang Found Dead in Hospital
- Chen Guangcheng: How China Flouts Its Law
- Chen Guangcheng’s Brother Escapes Villa...
- Chen Guangcheng’s Brother Describes Tor...
- Chongqing Probing Police As Bo Fallout Contin...
- Political Crisis Deepens as Dozens Targeted