April 23, 2014 4:02 PM
abuse of power activists Bo Guagua Bo Xilai bribery censorship Chen Guangcheng chen kegui Chongqing civil society corruption criminal law death penalty detention Directives from the Ministry of Truth embezzlement financial disclosure gu kailai high-level corruption human rights watch Internet censorship Jinan justice lawyers legal system Liu Ping Li Zhuang media censorship Ministry of Truth murders Neil Heywood New Citizens Movement official corruption online public opinion prisoners propaganda rights lawyers rule of law sentencing sex scandals Shandong Teng Biao trials wang gongquan Wang Lijun writers Xi Jinping xu ming Xu Zhiyong Xu Zhiyong trial 2014
April 11, 2014 9:54 PM
Caixin’s Ren Zhongyuan and Yang Baolu report on the trial this month of three alleged security guards at a black jail near Beijing, after
Microblogger Qin Zhihui has confessed to spreading online rumors in the first public trial of a controversial campaign against online rumors
April 11, 2014 10:28 PM
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. State
April 11, 2014 11:36 AM
- Sensitive Words: Trials of New Citizens
- China’s New Strategy in Prosecuting Critics
- U.S. Businessman on Trial for Mob Crimes
- Anxiety Trumps Law in Party’s Crackdown on Ac...
- How to Shorten Your Stay in a Chinese Prison
- Two More New Citizen Activists Convicted; Xu ...
- Minitrue: The Xu Zhiyong Case
- Xu Zhiyong Sentenced to Four Years in Prison
- China Puts Two More Activists on Trial
- Stability Maintenance for Activists’ Tr...
- Xu Zhiyong and the Trial of the Chinese Dream
- Doc Gets Suspended Death Sentence for Selling...
- Activist Xu Zhiyong Moves Closer to Trial
- On Constitution Day, Lawyers Attacked Outside...
- New Trial for New Citizen Transparency Activi...
- In the Courtroom, Eye-to-Eye With Bo Xilai
- Bo Xilai Appeal Held in Secret; Decision Frid...
- Bo Xilai Formally Appeals Conviction