January 30, 2015 11:06 PM
18th party congress 1989 protests anti-censorship tools app Apple cdt this week censorship cybersecurity Cyberspace Administration of China digital security Directives from the Ministry of Truth exporting censorship Facebook Fang Binxing feminism foreign companies foreign IT companies Global Times gmail Google Googlecn Great Firewall housing market Hu Yong Internet access Internet censorship Internet control IPad Jinan journalism leftover women media censorship media control Ministry of Truth Mo Shaoping Netizen Voices newspapers propaganda protectionism real estate market Russia Shandong software Southern Metropolis Daily student protests Twitter U.N. VPN WTO Xiao Qiang
February 2, 2015 6:44 PM
Over the past year, Beijing has become ever more assertive in promoting “Internet sovereignty”—its right to control the Internet
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been leaked and distributed online. The name of the
January 26, 2015 10:22 AM
This past week has seen a number of foreign websites and online services disrupted in China. Greatfire.org reported that Outlook was subjected
January 23, 2015 2:14 PM
- Netizens Reflect After China Blocks Gmail
- China’s War on VPNs
- The Global Times Phenomenon
- This Week on CDT, April 28, 2014
- Minitrue: VPN Sales and the Property-less
- Google Tool Offers Friendly Censorship Circum...
- Anger as Apple Pulls Anti-Firewall App in Chi...
- Internet Controls Tighten Under New Administr...
- Google Block Follows Other Web Disruptions (U...
- Notice: VPNs Are Not for Fun
- China Sealing Cracks in the Great Firewall
- China Tightens Censorship of Electronic Commu...
- “Shenanigans” as China Restricts ...
- Great Firewall Father Speaks Out
- Cashing in on Internet Censorship