August 25, 2015 1:12 PM
18th party congress 1989 protests anti-censorship tools Apple badiucao cdt this week censorship cybersecurity Cyberspace Administration of China digital security Directives from the Ministry of Truth exporting censorship Facebook Fang Binxing foreign companies foreign IT companies Global Times Google Googlecn Great Firewall housing market Hu Yong Internet access Internet censorship Internet control IPad journalism leftover women media censorship media control Ministry of Truth Mo Shaoping Murong Xuecun Netizen Voices newspapers police propaganda protectionism real estate market Russia Shandong software Southern Metropolis Daily student protests Twitter U.N. VPN World War II WTO Xiao Qiang
August 26, 2015 10:55 AM
The developer of an open source censorship circumvention project known as Shadowsocks was “invited to tea” last week, after
China’s recent, sweeping assertion of its “Internet sovereignty” is part of a still broader program of social and political control under
February 2, 2015 6:44 PM
Over the past year, Beijing has become ever more assertive in promoting “Internet sovereignty”—its right to control the Internet
January 30, 2015 11:06 PM
- Minitrue: China Starts Blocking Foreign VPNs
- Great Firewall: “Upgrading for Cyberspa...
- Netizens Reflect After China Blocks Gmail
- China’s War on VPNs
- The Global Times Phenomenon
- This Week on CDT, April 28, 2014
- Minitrue: VPN Sales and the Property-less
- Google Tool Offers Friendly Censorship Circum...
- Anger as Apple Pulls Anti-Firewall App in Chi...
- Internet Controls Tighten Under New Administr...
- Google Block Follows Other Web Disruptions (U...
- Notice: VPNs Are Not for Fun
- China Sealing Cracks in the Great Firewall
- China Tightens Censorship of Electronic Commu...
- “Shenanigans” as China Restricts ...
- Great Firewall Father Speaks Out
- Cashing in on Internet Censorship