April 18, 2014 9:34 PM
17th Party Congress Adidas aging bribery celebrities compensation corruption demographics documentaries economic growth elderly explosions exports factory workers fire Henan Honda industrial accidents industry jilin labor labor conditions labor markets labor rights labor unrest laid-off workers modernization nike one-child policy peasants photos plastic bag ban population growth protests religion robotics rumors safety shaoguan steel strikes sustainable development U.S. trade workers worker safety workforce work safety
April 23, 2014 8:50 AM
As companies from Wal-Mart to the world’s largest shoe-maker, Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings, face disgruntled employees, Alexandra
At Bloomberg Businessweek, Christina Larson talks to three Chinese factory managers about the deep demographic and cultural shifts taking place
September 16, 2013 4:20 PM
The death toll from a fire at a Jilin slaughterhouse on Monday has risen to at least 120, prompting the detention of a senior official at the plant’s
June 4, 2013 2:26 AM
- Demography: China’s Achilles Heel
- David Pilling: Change is Finally Afoot for Ch...
- Strike Forces Honda to Shut Plants in China
- At Least 10 Dead in China Workers’ Dorm...
- Steel Workers In China Protest Plant Purchase
- “Rumor Monger” Arrested for Facto...
- China’s Environmental Economics
- China, Beware – Economist
- Main Photo: Silk Factory in China
- What will I get for these beads? – Anth...
- Photo Series: The Unbearable Heaviness of Ind...
- China & India: Emerging Giants – B...
- Beijing workers told to dress down
- Guangdong workers demand better conditions