September 16, 2013 4:20 PM
17th Party Congress aging bribery celebrities corruption demographics documentaries economic growth elderly explosions exports factory workers fire Henan Honda industrial accidents industry jilin labor labor rights labor shortage photos safety shaoguan steel strikes sustainable development U.S. trade worker safety workforce
June 2, 2010 2:36 PM
At Bloomberg Businessweek, Christina Larson talks to three Chinese factory managers about the deep demographic and cultural shifts taking place
The death toll from a fire at a Jilin slaughterhouse on Monday has risen to at least 120, prompting the detention of a senior official at the plant’s
June 4, 2013 2:26 AM
A pair of articles in the current issue of The Economist examines China’s demographic Achilles heel, which “will hobble the hero”
April 24, 2012 7:30 PM
- Strike Forces Honda to Shut Plants in China
- At Least 10 Dead in China Workers’ Dorm...
- Steel Workers In China Protest Plant Purchase
- “Rumor Monger” Arrested for Facto...
- China’s Environmental Economics
- China, Beware – Economist
- Main Photo: Silk Factory in China
- What will I get for these beads? – Anth...
- Photo Series: The Unbearable Heaviness of Ind...
- China & India: Emerging Giants – B...
- Beijing workers told to dress down
- Guangdong workers demand better conditions